Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 06:18 PM

27 posts, read 76,510 times

Advertisements

Hi,*

I have been invited to come from Atlanta to interview for a position with a great company in North Naples. I am married with a daughter who would enter 9th grade at either Community School of Naples, Seacrest School or similar. *What neighborhoods would have the most families with kids in this age group at these schools or others? Our budget would be up to 650K for a single family home, but am fine with lower ranges or just slightly higher to find this. *

Also, as a second driver, are there neighboorhoods where the homes more generally have hardwoods in great rooms over tile? No biggie, as flooring can be changed.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Bryan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 09:09 PM

124 posts, read 333,335 times
You will definitely find a great home within that price range; it's just finding a community that works for you and your family. I would strongly advise looking in Monterey, and Marbella Lakes to start with. Both these communities are family friendly and are centrally located, so they are very near Community School. I personal live in Marbella and know that many of the children here attend community school.
If you don't mind being a little East of I75, I would suggest taking a look at Riverstone, this community has also been geared towards families and you could buy a stunning brand new home for that price.

Last edited by Sunscape; 01-14-2014 at 08:35 AM..

Old 01-14-2014, 01:26 AM

100 posts, read 302,535 times
Would you like to have a little land (like a couple of acres) or would you prefer higher density subdivision type living?

Old 01-14-2014, 10:13 PM

27 posts, read 76,510 times
Hi 14Homes,
Thanks for the tips and encouragement. I will start reviewing these developments. Hi Yogi, I think being new to naples and sensitive to our daughter making new friends, we will probably prefer a little higher density, without being on top of eachother
- Thanks, Bryan

Old 03-12-2014, 05:43 AM

1 posts, read 6,873 times
Default Hi Bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryfraz View Post
Hi,*

I have been invited to come from Atlanta to interview for a position with a great company in North Naples. I am married with a daughter who would enter 9th grade at either Community School of Naples, Seacrest School or similar. *What neighborhoods would have the most families with kids in this age group at these schools or others? Our budget would be up to 650K for a single family home, but am fine with lower ranges or just slightly higher to find this. *

Also, as a second driver, are there neighboorhoods where the homes more generally have hardwoods in great rooms over tile? No biggie, as flooring can be changed.

Bryan
Hi, I'm very familiar with the Naples area, I too had to look for a kid friendly community for my 5 year old daughter, after months of research and moving to Naples, the best community is Marbella Lakes, it's fairly new so the houses and the development it self is beautiful with a little upper class people, friendly and the best part of it you see kids playing outside or at the clubhouse pool, the clubhouse has 3 beautiful pools, a kids water park and a playground, also they have an activities director so everyday they have something going on for kids and adults.
Please let me know if you need any help finding the right house, you can reach me pretty much 24-7. I'm not sure when are you planning on moving? I work with a really nice realty in Naples but also like you I had the same situation in the beggining trying to find a house.
Also it's super close to the beach and to the malls, shopping, schools etc
Gabriela

Old 03-12-2014, 06:30 AM

6 posts, read 19,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbyvilla View Post
Hi, I'm very familiar with the Naples area, I too had to look for a kid friendly community for my 5 year old daughter, after months of research and moving to Naples, the best community is Marbella Lakes, it's fairly new so the houses and the development it self is beautiful with a little upper class people, friendly and the best part of it you see kids playing outside or at the clubhouse pool, the clubhouse has 3 beautiful pools, a kids water park and a playground, also they have an activities director so everyday they have something going on for kids and adults.
Please let me know if you need any help finding the right house, you can reach me pretty much 24-7. I'm not sure when are you planning on moving? I work with a really nice realty in Naples but also like you I had the same situation in the beggining trying to find a house.
Also it's super close to the beach and to the malls, shopping, schools etc
Gabriela
If you choose to raise kids in Naples, the best "kid friendly" community is Marbella Lakes. It's an established community where you can already see and feel the energy and not just hope you will have the right kind of neighbors.

Old 03-12-2014, 12:35 PM

124 posts, read 333,335 times
Marbella Lakes is fantastic, I have two children and I'm also Realtor. So I have a good understanding of many of the communities here in Naples. I decided to move into this community about three years ago, manly for the family friendly environment but also because I love the central location. My children are 7 and 8 and have made many friends in the neighborhood; we also have a social director that plans events not only for the adults but for the children too. I would definitely advise you to take a look. The homes have great floors plans to suit all needs. Please feel free to PM me for any additional information.

Old 03-16-2014, 07:32 AM

31 posts, read 62,475 times
I have children at Community school and I can say the level of education is much higher then seacrest. Our children started at seacrest and switched two years ago they love it and the teachers and campus is A+. As far home searching goes, look into villages of monterey, marbella , tall pines, pelican marsh, livingston woods (right across from community school). I am also a realtor and have helped many families at Community school on home purchases. Let me know if you have any questions about the schools or finding a place I would be happy to assist.

Old 03-16-2014, 07:50 AM

18 posts, read 31,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryfraz View Post
Hi,*

Bryan
Bryan
We are in a similar situation. We are coming from NY, an affuent Westchester town. We have a 9th grader who would attend the Community School in Naples as well as 2 younger children who might go there, or to another private school in Naples. We come from an excellent, high achieving school district here and we felt that the curriculum at Community was more in line with what our son is doing now. We are looking in Riverstone. It's a new community built by the same builder as Marbella Lakes. We've also considered Marbella as well as the other communities mentioned above. My biggest concern is the transition for our high school son and what kind of friends he will make in Naples, what their pastimes will be, how drug and alchohol use will be viewed by those other kids. Right now, I have a handle on what's happening here. It's been a very very tough decision for us. I would love to know how you are progressing with your move!

Old 03-16-2014, 08:33 AM

100 posts, read 302,535 times
Bryan, when deciding whether to live here with children, I feel you should know about Collier County's dirty little secret. We do aerial spraying for mosquitoes here. I wouldn't move to Naples if I had or was going to have kids. The pesticides they use have been correlated with reduced IQ, ADHD, and other developmental neurotoxicity issues.

Prenatal exposure to organophosphate... [Environ Health Perspect. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder and Urinary Metabolites of Organophosphate Pesticides

Comparative Developmental Neurotoxicity of Organophosphate Insecticides: Effects on Brain Development Are Separable from Systemic Toxicity

If you're an agricultural worker, BY LAW, when they spray a field with the EXACT same pesticide they spray us with (Naled, an organophosphate) the workers cannot go back into that area for 24-48 hours. Yet our children play in those areas the very same day. Our children and pregnant women have less health protections than agricultural workers: http://www.epa.gov/oppsrrd1/REDs/factsheets/naled_fs.htm
Quote:
  • Establish 48 hour reentry intervals after application to field crops.
  • Establish 24 hour reentry intervals after application in greenhouses.
So basically, they've found it necessary for ADULTS to avoid entering an area where these pesticides have been sprayed but our children can live in it despite data coming out that it is likely highly detrimental to their health.

Last edited by TheYogi; 03-16-2014 at 09:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples