Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2021, 07:38 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,214,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
Haven't noticed any type of uptick in 'crime' in collier county. Maybe I have blinders on but I've never felt more 'safe' than anywhere else. Even the burbs I grew up in Orlando, Collier blows it away.
I’ve traveled about 25,000 miles around the country this year and visiting numerous cities and and metro areas, and just the past two weeks spent time in Orlando, Sarasota and Tampa Metro area, and I have to admit after 6 years living here I have a new found appreciation for this area, Collier and Lee counties.

Yea the humidity here is horrible (horrible) from May-October, the area is dominated by old people, and there are no mountains, but this area blows most other parts of Florida out of the water.

The beaches in the panhandle are much nicer (less developed, clearer water, more natural of a feeling), but the panhandle gets a little too chilly relative to this area and the economic opportunities don’t seem as great, but if I worked remote it would be hard to pass up living in the panhandle.

Collier and Lee are very clean relative to other parts of the state, nice wide roads, not nearly as congested.

It is much less stressful here. I know my thoughts are kinda all over the place but the amount of information I took in exploring half the country this year has really given me better insight to what this area is and isn’t.

And while the people here are really old most are really nice, classy, and clean looking.

During this year of travel I also fell absolutely in love with the high desert area of Arizona. Specifically Cottonwood, Sedona, Flagstaff and Village Of Oak Creek. To me that area compliments SWFL perfectly. On that note SWFL is heaven for half the year but during the summer there are many other places I’d rather be.

Next year I hope to finally explore the NE section of the country, and Maine into Canada and then into northern Michigan. Very pristine up through those areas.

Once I either get a fully self contained sprinter van or travel trailer I will finally start my exploration of the Pacific Northwest.

My main point is Collier county is the cream of the crop when it comes to Florida, with perhaps strong competition from certain parts of the pandhandle. It doesn’t feel like a big concrete jungle here but you still have everything you need and then some, and with some of the most convenient beach access points in the state.

Arizona is a truly amazing state.

Colorado is a truly amazing state with epic scenery.

Florida has of course the best beaches, specifically the gulf side with our calm waters and soft sand.

I finally realized I don’t want Naples and Collier to change, and instead of trying to change it I’ve learned to accept it for what it is. And when I get bored of it, there is a whole great big country out there to explore.

Last edited by JPrzybylski07; 11-14-2021 at 08:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2021, 09:04 AM

26 posts, read 22,583 times
sprawl y'all

luv it

Old 11-17-2021, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques_meihaufer View Post
sprawl y'all

luv it
If you’ve have children then you have no right to complain about sprawl

Old 11-19-2021, 08:06 AM

26 posts, read 22,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPrzybylski07 View Post
If you’ve have children then you have no right to complain about sprawl
Nay, I have no problem with most sprawl! In fact I hate stacked, high density living. Planning has to be done correctly however!

Children? yep ! they like lots of room!

Old 11-19-2021, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques_meihaufer View Post
Nay, I have no problem with most sprawl! In fact I hate stacked, high density living. Planning has to be done correctly however!

Children? yep ! they like lots of room!
Ok I just thought your first comment was somewhat sarcastic about loving sprawl, so in my opinion it’s hypocritical for people who have had children to complain about sprawl, traffic, over development, etc.

Old 11-20-2021, 06:26 AM

2,128 posts, read 2,353,654 times
Quote:
Ok I just thought your first comment was somewhat sarcastic about loving sprawl, so in my opinion it’s hypocritical for people who have had children to complain about sprawl, traffic, over development, etc.
If we don't have kids then development is a moot point right?

Old 11-22-2021, 12:17 PM

Quote:
If we don't have kids then development is a moot point right?
I’m not understanding your question. Basically development, traffic, sprawl, it impacts everyone regardless if they have children or not. We all consume resources. We all contribute to different types of pollution like noise, light, and air. However, having children is the most direct way to add to these types of problems such as traffic, over development, and sprawl. That’s just a fact. If everyone stopped having children in the world 70 years from now you wouldn’t have traffic for example, that’s just a fact. You also wouldn’t have a society remotely similar to what it is now, I get that. Weather that’s a good thing or not is debatable.

So when someone complains about traffic, or over development, well it is what it is, I mean the earth only has a finite amount of resources and space. And surly the US only has a finite amount of places with year round warm weather. Just don’t complain if you’ve had children, and even if you haven’t had children there’s no point in complaining about it because there’s nothing that can stop it.

Old 11-22-2021, 04:34 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,353,654 times
Quote:
I’m not understanding your question.
if we all stopped having kids right now then the human race would end in about 70-80 years right? Thus, future development is moot as there won't be anyone to build it.

Sarcasm gets lost in translation on here

Old 11-22-2021, 05:32 PM

Quote:
if we all stopped having kids right now then the human race would end in about 70-80 years right? Thus, future development is moot as there won't be anyone to build it.

Sarcasm gets lost in translation on here
I don’t know what’s up with all the sarcasm here. I’m not being sarcastic clearly.

Old 11-25-2021, 09:18 PM

67 posts, read 54,326 times
I own homes in both. The difference is like night and day. If you think you would like Naples, rent an apartment for a year and see if you like it. If you don't, you can pack up and split. Also, you could make frequent trips to Sarasota to investigate. I drive back and forth once or twice a week. It's not usually too bad unless there is a bad wreck or heavy rain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples