Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 07:47 AM

31 posts, read 62,475 times

Advertisements

My children go to community school and they love it. We were originally at Seacrest but were not satisfied with the learning level for private school. Yes the tuition is expensive and there is no bus service unless you want to pay extra, however the campus and facility are superb.

The teachers range from younger professionals with grades pk-5 and mostly seasoned teachers in middle and upper but still a nice mix.

If you are moving find a place in a good public school system just incase plans change, the public school here such as pelican marsh is still wonderful school. As a realtor I can help point out these neighborhoods to make sure you end up in one of the top public schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 07:57 AM

18 posts, read 31,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txsav View Post
We put our two children, one in sixth and one in ninth, in Community School and have been very pleased. Their reputation of an excellent academic school is well deserved, but what we love the most are the small classes and caring faculty.
We too are anticipating a move with our 9th grader and two elementary school children from NY to Naples. We plan to send our older boy to Community and possibly the two younger ones as well, but not sure since we thought Pelican Marsh Elementary might be good for them, and then transition to Community for middle school. How did you find the transition for your children? May I ask where you came from? Our biggest concern is how our high schooler will fare there, what kinds of friends he will make, etc. We are willing to pay the cost of tuition to ensure that he gets the best education we can afford. The other schools just didn't seem to match up academically to Community (I did a tremendous amount of research on ALL the schools in Naples). Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated!

Old 05-21-2014, 05:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,315 times
Cool It is worth the arm and the leg

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisafromNY View Post
We too are anticipating a move with our 9th grader and two elementary school children from NY to Naples. We plan to send our older boy to Community and possibly the two younger ones as well, but not sure since we thought Pelican Marsh Elementary might be good for them, and then transition to Community for middle school. How did you find the transition for your children? May I ask where you came from? Our biggest concern is how our high schooler will fare there, what kinds of friends he will make, etc. We are willing to pay the cost of tuition to ensure that he gets the best education we can afford. The other schools just didn't seem to match up academically to Community (I did a tremendous amount of research on ALL the schools in Naples). Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated!
As a recent graduate from the Community School (12) I can say it was a privilege to go there. I started at CSN halfway through the fifth grade after moving from Orlando where I had attended a similar school in Lake Highland Prep. As a high schooler at CSN that is the best time to start in my opinion. Most grades swell from 40-50 to 70-90 people at the start of the ninth grade. The new kids are not the new kids for long. Making friends at CSN should not be a problem however the school can be very clique prone. CSN was truly a blessing for college prep and without it I would've been lost my freshman and sophomores years in school.

Old 05-26-2014, 11:36 AM

18 posts, read 31,065 times
I'm glad to see more information on the topic of Community School. My son, who is 14 (15 in Nov) would be starting the 10th grade in Sept. We are coming from an affluent, academically rich community in Westchester County, NY. He will be a full year younger, at the least, than his fellow 10th graders in Florida because the initial kindergarten cut off dates are different in the two states (in NY you can be 4 years old and begin kindergarten because the cutoff date is Dec. 31, contrary to Naples, where you have to be 5 in Sept to begin). A new kid from NY and a full year younger than everyone else makes me cautious. Can you elaborate on the cliques at Community School? There are cliques in every school of course but I'd like any more info you could offer. He is outgoing and friendly but coming from a pretty sheltered life here in NY. Community School is the closest thing academically to what he is doing now. We are already planning the college process since it is expected he will go and Community has good college prep. Any comments from those whose children attend the school now? It would be much appreciated!

Old 03-29-2018, 10:20 PM

93 posts, read 175,853 times
Any updates since 2014?

Is this school still regarded as the best private school in the area?

Old 03-30-2018, 05:32 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,237,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrvao777 View Post
Any updates since 2014?

Is this school still regarded as the best private school in the area?
Probably yes, certainly among the most expensive.

Old 04-04-2018, 07:38 PM

162 posts, read 301,865 times
Still one of the best (if not the best) private schools in SW Florida. But tuition is getting close to $30,000 a year for high school. Incredible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples