Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 09:41 PM

388 posts, read 1,125,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I came back to edit my last post because I had a list of about 30 other businesses that closed in 2009...

Welcome to the United States economy. The areas that don't have many businesses closing are the exception, not the rule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 10:33 PM

622 posts, read 1,665,333 times
Im a product of Collier County Public Schools, and my father fought for me to be in the best ones possible. We lived in North Naples, in Imperial Golf Estates, and then in Audubon, so I attended Naples Park Elementary, Pine Ridge Middle and then Barron Collier HS. Pine Ridge had a full time gifted program at the time (I was a part of it) and I loved it. When I went to Barron, I chose to be in honors classes, instead of "regular" or "AP" classes. I graduated in 1999, so I can't say how the schools have changed since I left.

I'm a firm believer that no matter how good or bad the school is, it's up to the parents and the child to make the best out of the education. I was given excellent resources, and I thrived with them, but I couldn't have done it without my parents' support and drive in helping me succeed.

Hope this helps!

Old 05-03-2010, 05:39 PM

41 posts, read 118,120 times
Ah another victim of the US postal service!! A few years back I sent out a letter to a client that was local - that is Naples to Naples. 11 months later I receive return mail on that same letter saying that the address is incorrect. I contact my client and sure enough the address is correct. I resend the letter and sure enough the client received it. Where did that piece of mail sit for 11 months. I say it fell under the mail carriers drivers seat and was found when the carrier cleaned out their car!! I have heard of numerous horror stories of forwarding mail today. We live in paradise, however the mail system down here is straight out of hell!!

Old 06-02-2011, 06:09 AM

103 posts, read 432,716 times
Well- I grew up in this school system, have had children in the school system for 5 years, a niece and nephew in the school system for 9 years, and pay all of my bills and send letters through our postal service...and it has been all good. I can't think of one negative thing to say about it. My children are thriving, and my mail gets to where it's going when it is supposed to. BUT keep in mind...nobody is perfect...it's human nature...even computers break form time to time. I just can't stand the negativity. If you don't like it here- then leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples