Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 08:16 AM

209 posts, read 538,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Ya, I don't get it. I'm not sure how you can make a statement like that by just driving by during a house hunt.
Since they don't have kids actually attending schools but are only interested for resale, I can't imagine they went in the school and talked to anyone. So ... what about the building itself brought about such a strong reaction?

For the record, friends of ours who live in Forrest Crossing have two kids there, and they love Centennial.

Everyone has his own opinion, though. I just have to keep reminding myself.
Whats most unfortunate is that because everyone is trying to be politically correct. I've been here since Tuesday morning. I've been through all the schools including Page.'
Truly, I've explained myself enough and have given more than enough reason as to why I am interested in the schools.
Now I'm on my way to the green hills area. My price point can be double easily if we choose.
I have no problem with a good working class neighborhood. But I've worked my way to a certain level and I'm happy at this level.
However, that said--my opinion has nothing to do with the sociolo-economics. I'm just not into living in an area that has gang activity and is in
The process of "change."
Not that the whole school is like that, certainly some kids are excelling (afterall, there was more than one student with a perfect SAT/ACT score!)

But it's not the area for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2010, 08:20 AM

51 posts, read 68,083 times
Check out Montclair - off Moores Lane, so near Ravenwood that you can see the football lights in the neighborhood on Friday nights. New, beautiful, well appointed homes in the 600+ range....

Old 10-01-2010, 03:30 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,730,610 times
This whole rezoning thing is crazy. Apparently Centennial has capacity for 1800, and they only allowed for a capacity of 1600 in the current rezoning. Big oops considering they paid Edulog a fortune to figure all of this out. And then presented it and got so many people upset.
It will be interesting to see if other numbers change also and how all of this effects the rezoning process.

Old 10-02-2010, 06:39 AM

627 posts, read 1,846,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsydaisy View Post
Whats most unfortunate is that because everyone is trying to be politically correct. I've been here since Tuesday morning. I've been through all the schools including Page.'
Truly, I've explained myself enough and have given more than enough reason as to why I am interested in the schools.
Now I'm on my way to the green hills area. My price point can be double easily if we choose.
I have no problem with a good working class neighborhood. But I've worked my way to a certain level and I'm happy at this level.
However, that said--my opinion has nothing to do with the sociolo-economics. I'm just not into living in an area that has gang activity and is in
The process of "change."
Not that the whole school is like that, certainly some kids are excelling (afterall, there was more than one student with a perfect SAT/ACT score!)

But it's not the area for us.
Executive summary: I'm rich. I want my kids to go to school with other rich kids. Because those kids have rich parents, they will look like us!

Oopsy, just send your kids to MBA and/or Harpeth Hall and stop trashing really good public schools.

Old 10-02-2010, 06:58 AM

3,964 posts, read 10,633,731 times
Imagine how I feel? I've been living in an area rife with "gang activity" and didn't even know it. I really have to start paying more attention.

Honestly, though. On my little street there are doctors, lawyers, and engineers, but no snobs. No one would put up with it. That's the "level" where we live.

Old 10-02-2010, 07:16 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
I also suspect there was a really, really chatty real estate agent pontificating from the drivers' seat.

"In the process of change"???

My parents have lived in that area for about 12 years and would be surprised to hear that as well.

Old 10-02-2010, 07:56 AM

627 posts, read 1,846,807 times
Our rental house that we resided in for a year was in the Centennial zone.

Almost daily I must have saw or read about gang shootings, territory wars, drug peddling on the roundabouts in McKay's Mill, kids being recruited by the 3rd grade, etc. I could barely go out at night with all the gang activity. Oh, wait, I remember, absolutely none of that happened at all. The mean streets of Williamson County...hilarious.

Oopsy, WMSN is on to the culprit. The RE agent probably was spouting that garbage to you to take you away from the cheaper parts of the county. This way you will buy a house that costs 50-100% more so they can make a bigger commission. Brentwood and Green Hills homes have a much larger price tag than typical homes found in Centennial's zone.

Old 10-02-2010, 08:43 AM

1,036 posts, read 2,835,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big TR View Post
Executive summary: I'm rich. I want my kids to go to school with other rich kids. Because those kids have rich parents, they will look like us!

Oopsy, just send your kids to MBA and/or Harpeth Hall and stop trashing really good public schools.
Can you believe Oopsy doesn't even have children that will be in school at all?

Apparently all of this chatter is over resale value, her future volunteer work at the schools & the hunt to find a really rich kid who's family is on her level to award a $25,000 memorial scholarship.

Imagine the horror if an economically disadvantaged student on reduced or free lunch at Centennial was actually awarded that money.

Shaking my dang head.

Courtney

Old 10-02-2010, 09:01 AM

209 posts, read 538,832 times
[quote=bluesky42day;16116818]Can you believe Oopsy doesn't even have children that will be in school at all?

Apparently all of this chatter is over resale value, her future volunteer work at the schools & the hunt to find a really rich kid who's family is on her level to award a $25,000 memorial scholarship.

Imagine the horror if an economically disadvantaged student on reduced or free lunch at Centennial was actually awarded that money.

Shaking my dang head.

Courtney[/

Old 10-02-2010, 11:12 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,730,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big TR View Post
Our rental house that we resided in for a year was in the Centennial zone.

Almost daily I must have saw or read about gang shootings, territory wars, drug peddling on the roundabouts in McKay's Mill, kids being recruited by the 3rd grade, etc. I could barely go out at night with all the gang activity. Oh, wait, I remember, absolutely none of that happened at all. The mean streets of Williamson County...hilarious.

Oopsy, WMSN is on to the culprit. The RE agent probably was spouting that garbage to you to take you away from the cheaper parts of the county. This way you will buy a house that costs 50-100% more so they can make a bigger commission. Brentwood and Green Hills homes have a much larger price tag than typical homes found in Centennial's zone.
We drive through McKay's Mill to get to my parents house. I always have my kids duck as soon we we enter so they won't get hit by a drive-by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville