Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2011, 09:02 AM

228 posts, read 528,645 times

Advertisements

Williamson Herald :: The Voice of America's Greatest County :: Williamson Herald :: The Voice of America's Greatest County

“You start making decisions off little things. That decision, times 20 over the next three years, we started to feel the network. No one element made the decision, but it was the kind of thing where you start to get a feel of the community.”

Jackson National Life CEO Mike Wells
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 09:12 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,473,389 times
I work a lot with Jackson National. They are a great company and will bring some high quality staff to the area. I'm thrilled they decided to move.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:01 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
He said some very cool things about the area, about how the small stuff influenced their decision to locate here. How people treated him, his family and colleagues during visits. He told about a co-worker couple who were on a house hunt and looking for Leiper's Fork, and he wouldn't ask for directions. He went inside McDonalds in Franklin and asked a lady in line, and she said, "Well, it's kind of complicated. Why don't you just follow me and I'll drive you out there." She led them in the general direction, then waved and kept going.
He said there is a real "gap in perception" about Tennessee, and that a lot of his California friends were making hillbilly jokes before he left. Then he said after those friends visit here, they get it.
One other noteworthy comment: They had been conducting this relocation search for a couple of years, and they kept up with the flood coverage and follow-up. He noticed that there seems to be a strong moral fiber among the people here that kept making him ask, "Why did so many people do the right thing?" during the flood and recovery. He said that quality was a major factor.

Old 01-29-2011, 08:56 AM

1,398 posts, read 2,510,011 times
I didn't know they moved to Williamson from California. I had assumed that their executives who relocated there came from Michigan.

Old 01-29-2011, 12:42 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
They pulled from all over, even overseas. The CEO who spoke said he moved from Calabasas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: