Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2019, 10:02 PM

174 posts, read 231,764 times

Advertisements

We are looking at Westhaven in Franklin, online only so far. It looks like a pretty community. The shopping seems to be within walking distance, nice. Does it have a mix of ages? Or mainly younger families, or...?

The only thing that gives us pause are the zero lot line houses. It seems kind of weird to have your neighbors wall be the boundary for your side yard. Too bad they couldn't give a few more feet on each side for fences.....

Anyway, all input would be appreciated.

Last edited by JJGittes65; 04-17-2019 at 10:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2019, 05:27 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,545,217 times
There are larger lots in WH too.. they just cost more $$.

The houses that are close together have nice courtyards, plus you have your driveway and porch for outdoor activities. There are lots of pocket parks as well for outdoor space. It is nice not having to maintain a large yard.

I lived in WH for 10 years before moving to Nashville. One thing I like better is we bought an older home and have so many mature trees on our lot. our AC bill is a lot lower as a result (but I do fear every time we get severe storms).

There is a good mix of ages in WH. Lots of family with school aged children and also a lot of empty nesters.

Old 04-18-2019, 08:21 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,088,451 times
I have only seen inside one home during an open house . . . and the 'courtyard was surrounded by walls . . and seemed to be a patch of (albeit very green) grass around 5 feet by 5 feet. Front porches are very nice if you are a porch sitter, but really no room to 'play'. Westhaven does have a lot of little parks. I find it very densely packed for the price. And I heard that the HOA fees were quite high, so ask.

Depending on where you work, the commute can be very busy. Pretty true here in general, though. I think they are going to extend Mack Hatcher (sort of a ring road) to near there but someone else might know better.

A friend of mine lives NEAR there. There are other housing neighborhoods in the area that are NOT Westhaven. He wanted a bigger yard. But his mother moved to Westhaven and loves it. Lots of social events/opportunities if you like that kind of thing.

Houses seem very solid, well built, pretty. You can't go wrong moving there but it would be a "lifestyle" choice. People either love it or immediately cross it off their list. For me, it was TOO "perfect"!

Old 04-21-2019, 04:21 PM

174 posts, read 231,764 times
Thanks for the info. Are there any other newer neighborhoods in Franklin where you can walk to shopping or restaurants? Or, how about any particularly nice residential streets very near downtown Franklin with well kept older homes?

Old 04-21-2019, 08:18 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,088,451 times
There are some beautiful houses near downtown Franklin, around Fair Street. VERY expensive. Walkability is very desirable and therefore pricey. What price range are you looking for?

Old 05-17-2019, 12:25 PM

5 posts, read 5,988 times
Berry Farms is basically Westhaven without the golf course. And Berry Farms is in a MUCH better location than Westhaven and a comparable home is $75K cheaper than Westhaven. The lowest-priced single-family home in Berry Farms just went on the market at $542,500.

Old 11-12-2019, 12:59 PM

15 posts, read 14,111 times
Default JJGittes65 -Westhaven homes

Hello,

I wanted to throw this out there that my son is a Residential Construction Superintendent with Ford Homes and the neighborhood he builds houses in is Westhaven.

As others have stated, there isn't much yards to some houses, but some parts of the subdivision do have large back yards. They are gorgeous houses, but perhaps I'm biased.

It wouldn't hurt to go out and look. They also have different floor plans that if you buy a lot, you can request the type of house to be built. There are several different builders in the area, it's not just Ford.

When we go down to visit him, the little shops/restaurants are nice, but it is a bit of a drive to get back to the highway as Franklin albeit small is a tourist town and it can be a nightmare to get through on certain days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: