Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2011, 01:06 AM

1 posts, read 1,028 times

Advertisements

Evening forum.

My wife and i must relocate to Ft. Campbell come this july.

we are looking to live TN side most likely Clarksville.

What i would like all your opinions about, is, I rather enjoy cooking and entertaining people.

So, instead of gambling a million plus in money for a restaurant startup fee, I would like to know what you all think about private cooks, for your parties or a small catering. What kind of feelings do you have toward this idea?

Second, I am trained in Japanese food, no not hibachi\teppanyaki, I also go beyond sushi. I can carry a large menu of things you will not find on the menu at your typical Japanese Sushi\steakhouses, as well as many of their menu items.

I lived and trained in Kobe for one year, with taste travels to Osaka, Kyouto, Nigata, Hiroshima, and Nagano.

I can talk all day about my food philosophy and such, but, I am looking to know from your opinions, will this type of food fly in the clarksville area?

The process would be simple, fresh market ingredients, cooking, plating, cleaning all done by myself. Each appointment would be unique and how we will take care of the meal.

Are you, as a customer, afraid, comfortable with a person cooking and spending large amounts of time in your home?

What is a service like this worth to you?

This is a long post, loaded with many questions but I would like to get my home work done before we move to the area and i start to invest time into this project. If there is a large enough following, then, i will consider a small restaurant with the opportunity to grow.

Please and thank you all in advance for your thoughts and feelings on the matter.

ESR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 06:09 AM

204 posts, read 876,583 times
ESR, welcome to Clarksville and Fort Campbell! I think you will find that your possibilities are very good in the area. I would recommend with what you are wanting to do, situating your residence closer to Sango primarily because you can be in the middle of the action - Nashville and Clarksville are possible.

We went from one Japanese resturaunt a few years back to three or four today. Definitely a popular cuisine. I believe that your idea could work however you know that it is all about your reputation and building a clientel.

Best of luck and welcome!

Last edited by Beretta; 07-23-2011 at 02:47 PM.. Reason: signatures not allowed

Old 07-23-2011, 08:37 AM

1,432 posts, read 3,843,883 times
I know that Clarksville has a fairly substantial Asian population due to the military base...mostly Korean but a good number of Japanese as welll. If you're up for driving 45 minutes, you could also market your services in Nashville...possibly contact the Japanese Consulate in Nashville for support?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville