Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 09:34 AM

121 posts, read 330,312 times

Advertisements

We are considering a house in the Cane Creek community in a neighborhood called Indian Creek.

Does anyone have firsthand knowledge of this neighborhood or area?

We have asked multiple neighbors, and they all say how quiet it is and how much they love it.

Apparently there is some road they are opening up to another neighborhood on Nolensville Road. Not sure when that's supposed to happen.

We aren't loving that there is an Antioch zip code there, but we don't want to miss an opportunity on a great house because of the stigma of the Antioch name.

Any thoughts or feedback?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 10:24 AM

815 posts, read 2,018,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ View Post
We are considering a house in the Cane Creek community in a neighborhood called Indian Creek.

Does anyone have firsthand knowledge of this neighborhood or area?

We have asked multiple neighbors, and they all say how quiet it is and how much they love it.

Apparently there is some road they are opening up to another neighborhood on Nolensville Road. Not sure when that's supposed to happen.

We aren't loving that there is an Antioch zip code there, but we don't want to miss an opportunity on a great house because of the stigma of the Antioch name.

Any thoughts or feedback?

Thanks!
You have noting worry about with an Antioch zip code, you will be sharing it wish a large geographic area, several different parts to it...The neighborhood Indian Creek is a nice, secluded neighborhood, pretty far away from everything, but close enough to things. Several winding, dark roads leading up to it so you probabaly won't have random people driving by because you have to pretty much know where u are going back in that part of the Ridge... You are between the Nolensville and Smryna/Lavergne areas but in Davidson County. Close to the Lennox Village area and not far from the Hickory Hollow area. I-24 is the closest interstate.
Again, don't let the Antioch zip scare you, especially based on peoples opinions on this site... Indian Creek is literally 25 minutes from the far other side of Antioch.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:32 AM

610 posts, read 1,624,001 times
I'm not too far from there, and it seems pretty and nice. The Kroger at Concord/Nolensville Rd is great.
I wouldn't want my kids to go to Cane Ridge High, so that's something to consider if you have kids. We do not have them yet. Shayne is supposed to be fine/good as elementary, and that's what you and I are zoned for.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:37 AM

There is nothing wrong with Cane Ridge High School, actually one of the better high schools in Metro... The zoned elementary is Henry Maxwell and Turgood Marshall is the zoned middle school.

Last edited by Antioch; 05-10-2012 at 10:50 AM..

Old 05-10-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antioch View Post
You have noting worry about with an Antioch zip code, you will be sharing it wish a large geographic area, several different parts to it...The neighborhood Indian Creek is a nice, secluded neighborhood, pretty far away from everything, but close enough to things. Several winding, dark roads leading up to it so you probabaly won't have random people driving by because you have to pretty much know where u are going back in that part of the Ridge... You are between the Nolensville and Smryna/Lavergne areas but in Davidson County. Close to the Lennox Village area and not far from the Hickory Hollow area. I-24 is the closest interstate.
Again, don't let the Antioch zip scare you, especially based on peoples opinions on this site... Indian Creek is literally 25 minutes from the far other side of Antioch.
Well thanks for this info. It really makes me feel a lot better. My husband has commented on those winding roads. I think we would get used to them. I like how central this is to the things you mentioned. Being 15 minutes from Super Target is great! I love Cheddar's at that exit as well.

That exit is probably where I will do most of my shopping that doesn't involve groceries. It's about 2 miles further than the Target on Old Hickory, but with the traffic, I think I can get to Smyrna faster.

Thanks again!

Old 05-10-2012, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ View Post
Well thanks for this info. It really makes me feel a lot better. My husband has commented on those winding roads. I think we would get used to them. I like how central this is to the things you mentioned. Being 15 minutes from Super Target is great! I love Cheddar's at that exit as well.

That exit is probably where I will do most of my shopping that doesn't involve groceries. It's about 2 miles further than the Target on Old Hickory, but with the traffic, I think I can get to Smyrna faster.

Thanks again!
Yes, you will have to get used to the winding roads, but once you do they will it will become second nature... They will be your best friend when avoiding traffic traveling to either the Brentwood/cool springs area to the west or Lavergne/Smryna, Priest Lake to Mt. Julliet to the East and North East... You will probally get lost back their tryin to figure out how to navigate the roads because a lot of the roads split off 2 or 3 times and Old Hickory Blvd. is in like 3 different broken up parts through out the area, its a confussing road pattern until you get used to it.. I woudln't advise exploring it at night if you do not know where you are going because it is very dark and like I said a lot of sudden road splits and narrow cury, hilly road ways... also be very careful of the deer back there. Winter- The Cane Ridge/Antioch area back there by Indian Creek is one of the reasons Metro Schools get out of school, when it seem to be no snow on other parts of town... It gets snowed in a lot and the roads are not cleared nor do they melt as quickly being that they are shaded by lots of trees, as compared to more urban areas. My parents have lived in Cane Ridge Farms for 11 years now, not far from Indian Creek, and the past snows Nashville has gotten over the past 5 years that area of town always seems to get a more direct hit than the Northern areas of the county leaving Cane Ridge road and other roads back there treachorous a lot longer than other parts of town. Otherwise, it is a very scenic part of town, nice to drive through during the fall.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Yes, you will have to get used to the winding roads, but once you do they will it will become second nature... They will be your best friend when avoiding traffic traveling to either the Brentwood/cool springs area to the west or Lavergne/Smryna, Priest Lake to Mt. Julliet to the East and North East... You will probally get lost back their tryin to figure out how to navigate the roads because a lot of the roads split off 2 or 3 times and Old Hickory Blvd. is in like 3 different broken up parts through out the area, its a confussing road pattern until you get used to it.. I woudln't advise exploring it at night if you do not know where you are going because it is very dark and like I said a lot of sudden road splits and narrow cury, hilly road ways... also be very careful of the deer back there. Winter- The Cane Ridge/Antioch area back there by Indian Creek is one of the reasons Metro Schools get out of school, when it seem to be no snow on other parts of town... It gets snowed in a lot and the roads are not cleared nor do they melt as quickly being that they are shaded by lots of trees, as compared to more urban areas. My parents have lived in Cane Ridge Farms for 11 years now, not far from Indian Creek, and the past snows Nashville has gotten over the past 5 years that area of town always seems to get a more direct hit than the Northern areas of the county leaving Cane Ridge road and other roads back there treachorous a lot longer than other parts of town. Otherwise, it is a very scenic part of town, nice to drive through during the fall.
Will you private message me back road directions to Cool Springs and to Mt. Juliet? I was thinking that I would take Culbertson, then Concord to the interstate to get to Cool Springs. Do you know a better way?

Fall is my favorite season. You have made me more excited! Thanks!

Old 05-10-2012, 04:26 PM

388 posts, read 1,017,139 times
There is a lot of Antioch hate on here. But listen to me, it is the definition of middle class. Some areas I guess have some crime, nut you wouldn't even be able to tell by driving through. Middle Class Suburbia.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0'Farrell View Post
There is a lot of Antioch hate on here. But listen to me, it is the definition of middle class. Some areas I guess have some crime, nut you wouldn't even be able to tell by driving through. Middle Class Suburbia.
Yes, the vast majority of problems that do occur are not random and are usually in the north-western portion of of the area, west of I-24 and north of bell, and they still do not compared to the crime in East and North Nashville, no where near.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:44 PM

388 posts, read 1,017,139 times
Quote:
Yes, the vast majority of problems that do occur are not random and are usually in the north-western portion of of the area, west of I-24 and north of bell, and they still do not compared to the crime in East and North Nashville, no where near.

Yes that and the richards road area are the only rough places in Antioch to be honest. Every other rough area is SN but it gets associated with Antioch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville