Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 04:38 AM

24 posts, read 93,690 times

Advertisements

My sister lives in tampa, we've visited her a few times lately and I gotta say, Nashville is 10x better than Tampa. My husband used to live down there too, he says the schools are horrible, and comparing my pay to my sisters I get paid much better than she does here in Nashville. I really doubt it is cooler, atleast in the summer. Ok maybe the winter is cooler. We went at christmas and it was like summer weather in Tampa. I really think the city is very trashy overall and I was so happy to come back.

And to the poster saying there is no live music. Wow, It has tons. Punk, Bluegrass, metal, country, whatever your desire. I don't think we have any hot clubs really but the live music is definately going on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2007, 10:08 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,364,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose View Post
nothing cool about Nashville, you'll hate it, I lived there since 1980 until 2006, the place sucks if you're a musician, no matter what kind of music. No night life, it's a giant Kindergarden. Stay in LA, there's live music in LA, not in Nashville. Cost of living is NOT lower in Nashville, sorry to burst your bubble, but SALES TAX is 9.25% and the politicians are ALWAYS saying that "they need money for EDUCATION", and they always increase the SALES TAX and PROPERTY TAX, and guess what? the money NEVER goes to education! Bunch of TAX HOGS in Nashville. (snort, snort)

Also, I disagree that "hip-hop is all the rage in Florida vs. country". Baloney... I turn the car radio and all I hear is COUNTRY, and there's a few hip-hop stations, and two Spanish/Salsa stations, and a few hard rock stations, and guess what?, THEY ALL SUCK! hahaaa! I listen to AM 810 Oldies. REAL MUSIC! Second to that, I listen to my 1980's Country music tapes, THAT'S when Country was cool!

To hell with it, the USA has gone sour, no matter where you live, it just plain sucks. You wanted REPUBLICANS?
You got Republicans, the bunch of corrupted crooks you voted for! YEEHAWWW~

Oh by the way, Opryland is slowly dying, no tourism in Nashville, everybody's gone to BRANSON, MO. hahah!!
Demonbreum Street is all SHUT DOWN! A dying city....
Not true! Its not shut down and I think the Property Taxes are much lower than other parts of the country. I moved here from NJ(HUGE PROPERTY TAX), I have family in Clearwater(Dunedin). I much prefer Nashville.
I love the new Country !

Old 08-14-2007, 06:00 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,629,574 times
Demonbreun is PACKED, every single day/night. Whatever.....

Old 11-13-2008, 10:26 AM

1 posts, read 2,345 times
Default Job sites?

Does anyone now which are the job search sites for music jobs in Nashville?
Thanks!

Old 06-11-2009, 09:38 PM

2 posts, read 4,389 times
Warning to street preformers. DO not play guitar on broadway on the street you will get arrested for Tresspass. The police operate under cover teams.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:56 PM

957 posts, read 3,698,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwardrop View Post
Warning to street preformers. DO not play guitar on broadway on the street you will get arrested for Tresspass. The police operate under cover teams.
They aren't doing a very good job. There are always people playing for change on the sidewalks.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,181 times
I am singing in a gospel music group on the weekends, I am a recent graduate of Belmont University in Vocal Perfomance. I would like to find some studio work or demo recording work in Nashville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: