Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2007, 05:04 PM

12 posts, read 28,645 times

Advertisements

I am planning on moving to Nashville upon graduating from college. I am currently living in Richmond, Virginia. I was wondering where the good and bad areas to live in (or around Nashville)are. I have been looking at some houses in Antioch. Anyone have any opinions about the county?

I am majoring in Public Relations and plan on working in the music industry. I was curious if anyone knew the level of difficulty in getting a job working with an artist in Nashville?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2007, 05:27 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,210,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithca2 View Post
I am planning on moving to Nashville upon graduating from college. I am currently living in Richmond, Virginia. I was wondering where the good and bad areas to live in (or around Nashville)are. I have been looking at some houses in Antioch. Anyone have any opinions about the county?

I am majoring in Public Relations and plan on working in the music industry. I was curious if anyone knew the level of difficulty in getting a job working with an artist in Nashville?
Just how bad Antioch is as a place to live is a continuing source of debate here. Someone very familiar with Nashville might be able to find a nice little corner of Antioch to live; you'd be better off just avoiding it. What price range are you looking at?

I suspect getting a job in the music business that you're thinking about is difficult. Belmont University has a fine program and their graduates probably have an inside track. Then there's Vanderbilt with their MBA degrees. There are other public relation firms in town; you'd probably have a better chance with one of them; or perhaps working at one of the corportate headquarters. Then maybe in the future you could get a lead on a job in the music end of the PR business. I don't work in the music business (thank God), so I'm just guessing a little.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:20 PM

13 posts, read 61,463 times
Dude...When I was in the Navy me and a friend took a road trip to Richmond looking for Tattoo parlors! The Richmond I saw was frightening! Roll up the windows, lock the doors and don't make eye contact! That's kind of like Antioch. I live in Nashville, I'm a Native Nashvillian, but I don't think I'd move into Nashville/Davidson County. The property taxes are pretty high but I think it's cheaper to live here than in Virginia ( my wife is from Newport News ). If I were moving into Nashville I'd look into the Donelson area, and that's just my personal opinion, but I've always thought Donelson was a nice area.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:30 PM

12 posts, read 28,645 times
Yeah Richmond has it's rough spots . . . which is most of it. If Antioch is anything like Richmond I will be sure to avoid it. Thanks for all the help!!

Old 10-17-2007, 04:11 PM

13 posts, read 61,463 times
Antioch is just like anywhere else, it has some really nice parts and some that aren't. If you do look into Antioch, just look closely!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville