Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2007, 09:16 PM

32 posts, read 133,441 times

Advertisements

Any winter weather predictions from you long term Nashvillians? I've only been here 8 years, but I can't remember it getting this cold in October/November. Last year seemed pretty mild until about Feb. then the temperature dropped significantly.

I saw NOAA predicts no change in the weather in our region from prior year, but I want to see what the common man thinks.

Me? I think I am going to freeze to death again this year. But then again I grew up on the Gulf Coast and I think I am going to freeze to death every time the temperature drops below 60.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2007, 09:35 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,210,133 times
To me the cool weather has been late in coming. I don't even think we're had an official frost yet here in Nashville (have we?). Some of the morning lately have been chilly but then it's quickly gotten in the 60's or even 70's. To me that's still fairly warm for late October and early November.

Old 11-05-2007, 07:01 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,279,929 times
I'm north of Nashville. According to the wether this morning, it's going to be around 72 today but tomorrow's high will only be 52 with the nighttime temps around 28!!!!!! I feel like I'm back up north again with those kind of temps coming in.

Old 11-05-2007, 07:57 AM

9 posts, read 31,589 times
Gotta agree with you, ddurkee75! I, myself, am from the Gulf Coast and already KNOW that I'm going to freeze in my never-prepared attire! HAHA! Once it gets in my bones...it's over and there's not defrosting this girl!! Hopefully it'll be like last year -- frozen as can be for ONLY a month.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:54 AM

317 posts, read 1,231,017 times
The one thing I know about Tennessee weather is it's pretty unpredictable! You could be freezing to death one day in December and be in shorts on Christmas Eve. You just never really know. I do know winters here are mild compared to states more Northern. However, compared to the coast, it definitely does get cold here. It's just for briefer periods. Each month from Dec - Feb might have several really cold days or even a couple of straight weeks of it, but oddly enough, it seems like there's always some relief with quite a few warmer days in there too. I am originally from the Memphis area and moved to Columbus OH for a couple of years. I could not wait to move back to Tennessee (now in Nashville area). It was so cold there. I just could not do a third winter there. It was dreadfully long. It's also weird how 50 degrees here feels so much warmer than 50 degrees farther north.

Old 11-05-2007, 12:08 PM

6 posts, read 46,543 times
Rest assured...whatever the weather will be, our forecasters will predict "the worst winter on record" Mild winter predictions dont get them camera time. Case in point: the hurricane forecast for the last two years.

Old 11-05-2007, 06:24 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,741,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
To me the cool weather has been late in coming. I don't even think we're had an official frost yet here in Nashville (have we?). Some of the morning lately have been chilly but then it's quickly gotten in the 60's or even 70's. To me that's still fairly warm for late October and early November.
No hard frost yet, my allergies are still killing me

Our weather has been wacky all year, who knows what kind of weather we'll get? 52 degrees isn't bad, thats sweatshirt weather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville