Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2014, 11:02 PM

7 posts, read 7,649 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
My family is planning a move from Long Beach, Ca to Nashville and ended up selling our house way faster than anticipated. We are planning on buying a house once we get to Nashville and have more opportunity to explore its different neighborhoods (thread on that to follow), but we will need a temporary rental. We are hoping to find a furnished rental for a month or two. Can anyone suggest any properties? One that i have found and am considering is the Metropolitan. According to the website, it is in the midtown/Green Hills area. I'm still trying to get a grasp on the many areas in and around Nashville, so i'm not sure how accurate that is. Any insight on the area or property itself? We are looking for a two bedroom and would prefer to keep the cost under $2000.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2014, 12:29 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,216,069 times
Well, actually, that area is between Midtown and Green Hills. It would probably be a good location for you-it's not far from I-440 which loops around the city.

It's in a good area and the properties is nice. When it was first built, it was considered quite trendy (that was some years ago).

Old 04-06-2014, 07:15 AM

362 posts, read 645,755 times
You might not want to try the Hendersonville area but just thought I would throw it out there for you since we had the same situation.
Our home (in NY) sold in a week. We are now down here searching for homes. Just arrived less than a week ago.
We are renting a 2 bedroom/2 bath apartment at Aventura at Indian Lakes. We have two small dogs. Rent is $1400+. We looked into renting furniture which most lead you to one company. To rent 3 beds, table with four chairs, couch, love seat, coffee table, side table with a lamp, and basic pots and pans it was $600 a month.

We also look at corporate housing. Anything I would consider was $2500-$4000 a month but our biggest problem was short term rentals.

I chose not to rent furniture because I get a little sleeved with the thought of someone else's bed, etc... We purchased basic needs. It's cheap enough to go to walmart and purchase basic to get by for a 2-3 months.

If you are looking for short term, a nice apartment complex literally within walking distance to everything, Aventura might work. It's not too far from Franklin and Brentwood.

I wish you luck. Boy is it ever stressful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville