Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 03:52 PM

584 posts, read 1,136,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by candhorb View Post
Also looking for schools in Nashville/Franklin/Brentwood area. I have 3 children, one who loves basketball, the middle baseball and the youngest into the arts. Which private schools in the area do the best job with all three? The boys have always played competitive travel and I'd hope "Music City" would meet our expectations with the arts. Hope I'm not wrong on the last one. All three are strong students.

I've looked at BGA,CPA and Ensworth. Am I missing on other options?

What are the travel baseball and basketball teams in this area and when are tryouts?

I saw lots of music lessons offered through the schools but where do I look for private lessons?

Thanks ahead for any help
I can't help you with info about private schools. We are too new here.

Travel baseball tryouts are in the fall.

What musical instrument does your youngest play? My child has taken lessons from a teacher at another school. Some college professors offer lessons. Most music stores will connect you with instructors, too.

Go to wcs.edu and find the newsletters called "In Focus" and you can see awards (local, state, national) that students received in all of the arts.

There are lots of opportunities outside school for the arts.

here's a start for you:

Nashville Children's Theatre : Home

The Act Too Players a Childrens Theatre, Music, an

Children's Theatre • Programs • Williamson County Parks & Recreation

O'More College of Design - Summer Studio

Firstlight Arts Academy. Art instruction for enthusiastic kids, teens & adults

| WCYO

Music Lessons in Nashville, Tennessee (TN) - Shuff's Music & Piano Showroom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2014, 03:59 PM

2 posts, read 1,910 times
Anony-Momma -

Thanks so much, great place to start.

DonC-

Appreciate the options.

Anyone with sports or additional school suggestions would be welcomed.

Old 05-21-2014, 04:33 PM

More links to browse if you'd like to learn more about music programs:

http://www.mtsboa.org/forms/2014%20M...%20RESULTS.xls

All-State - TMEA

The high schools with strong music programs - both concert and marching - have students feeding into them from strong middle school music programs if that is helpful as you look at schools for younger children.

Williamson County high school marching bands participate in Bands of America (Father Ryan does, too and some years McGavock and Overton and I've seen Siegel at one) and US Bands marching competitions. In November, Franklin placed 15th out of 90 bands:
2013 Grand National Championship Results - Music for All and Father Ryan just missed making semi-finals.

You can open the individual contest links here to see who is going where this fall. Middle Tennessee schools are often at Jacksonville, Powder Springs, St Louis and Atlanta and sometimes at Louisville and Indianapolis regionals. There are several Tennessee bands registered for the Indianapolis Grand Nationals.

Switching gears a little, most of the high schools have competition cheerleading squads, competition dance teams and competition color guard for dancers and most high schools (not just in Williamson County) participate in SCGC and WGI in the winter.

Old 05-21-2014, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncorleone View Post
others in that are that come to mind are lipscomb academy, brentwood academy, montgomery bell academy (for boys)/harpeth hall (for girls), and franklin road academy.
father ryan.

Old 05-21-2014, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
Others in that are that come to mind are Lipscomb Academy, Brentwood Academy, Montgomery Bell Academy (for boys)/Harpeth Hall (for girls), and Franklin Road Academy.
Goodpasture -in Madison -

Old 05-22-2014, 05:11 AM

Can't believe I left this music opportunity out
Curb Youth Symphony & Nashville Youth Orchestra Program*|*Pre-College and Adult Programs*|*Blair School of Music*|*Vanderbilt University
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville