Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2015, 02:28 PM

2 posts, read 1,454 times

Advertisements

Hi all-

We are considering buying in FF - one house east of Hillsboro and one house on the west side. One of the best features of FF for us is its walkability. I was just tracing the walk to the local Publix on Google street view, though, and it looks like there's no crosswalk and no pedestrian signal going across Hillsboro at Fieldstone Pkwy. I can't believe you can't walk across that intersection, but I wanted to check with someone who lives there to be sure.

Thanks in advance!
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2015, 04:03 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,091,879 times
I will check about a walk signal. Can't believe I haven't noticed. I do see people cross there, though.

There IS a pedestrian tunnel that goes from the west side (I think the southeast corner) of that intersection across to Walgreens. If you look on Google satellite view, at the southeast corner, you'll see a path coming out from under the road and winding up there in front of Walgreens. It was on the list of improvements - but I haven't been in there for a while (It needed a new light and sometimes got water in it during a heavy rain).

The Publix is very nice . . . a tad expensive but SO convenient. Bricks is a nice restaurant (burgers, pizza, beer) and Miso is actually wonderful for Sushi! Also, if you go north on Hillsboro to Grassland market, they have a satellite post office in there to mail packages, buy stamps.

That Hillsboro/Franklin Pwk intersection is congested so do be careful if you move here, even if you don't move to FF. For some reason that light gets 'run'. Seems to be an accident there every few months. Luckily the fire station is right there behind Walgreens!

The walking paths are very nice in Fieldstone . . . they have their own little stop signs for pedestrians/bikes. I do enjoy living here - been here 5 years. The homes seem to hold their value well - and even my house has seemed to have made a nice gain in just 5 years.

When I am out tomorrow I'll check to see if there is a walk light . . . There SHOULD be!

Old 06-01-2015, 10:23 AM

2 posts, read 1,454 times
I thought I replied to this, CountryGirl, but I don't see it. Thank you so much! I see the passage now, and that looks great. Thanks again for all your help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: