Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 08:05 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,091,879 times

Advertisements

Those surface lots where you go pay at a central machine can change their rates, probably remotely from Dallas for all I know. And you can pay for 2 hours OR 24 hours. So the $30 was for 24 hours. The SunPlaza lot was ALSO open, on a street the CMA FEST map said would be closed. They wanted $20 for the event but the exit is tough due to all the people streaming from the Ryman. You also don't know the price on those lots until you get to that machine.

Anyway, all went well!

ALSO! Apparently there is also a theater in the Ryman's new 'wing' . .

Soul of Nashville Tour Experience

“Soul of Nashville” will kick off the reimagined Ryman daytime tour experience in a new 100-seat theater custom built for the show. Created by BRC Imagination Arts of California, “Soul of Nashville” utilizes cutting edge technology to surround the audience with moving images on multiple projector planes and sound that engulfs the senses and puts them in the center of the show. Through special effects, archival images and footage, performers from the Ryman's past become multidimensional right before the viewer’s eyes.

“The opportunity to put guests inside the history of the Ryman has been one of the most satisfying experiences in our 33 year history,” said Brad Shelton, creative director of BRC Imagination Arts. “We’re immensely proud to be a part of it.”

The show culminates in a finale that delivers a montage of photos, posters and video footage from the Ryman's contemporary history since reopening 20 years ago. Seamlessly, the energy captured in those performances transitions into a new arrangement of the traditional song, "Workin' on a Building," featuring a magnificent performance by the acclaimed Fisk Jubilee singers, who have a history with the Ryman dating back to 1892, and soloists Darius Rucker, Sheryl Crow and Vince Gill. The choir and stars appear larger-than-life on the screens as if performing a concert right in the room. By design, this experience makes an emotional connection with the audience who will then exit the theater and begin the rest of their tour experience.

Last edited by CountryGirl2b=; 06-13-2015 at 09:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2015, 09:03 AM

53 posts, read 76,210 times
CG, I have tickets to a play at the Schermerhorn tonight. I had planned to park at 100 Oaks and call for an uber. Might chance it and try for a spot in a lot. dunno what to do

Old 06-13-2015, 09:21 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,091,879 times
Is it the Wizard of Oz with Diana DeGarmo??? I have friends who are going to see that, too. They called the Schermerhorn and their Valet parking WILL be available. The box office told my friend that they MIGHT have to ask a cop to move a barrier (rock block thingie) to turn up that street, depending on what hour they arrived. But that might be an option? It did seem like the action for CMA Fest moves over to LP Field around 5 or 6 . . . . You won't have to deal with regular Friday night traffic which, as I said, was NOTHING.

There IS an event at the Bridgestone . . Sesame Street Live - at 10:30, 2:30, and 5:30.

I'd have a plan B. I was SHOCKED at how easy it was to do what I thought would be impossible. Drive in as far as you can go? And it might be all the way?

IF things look dicey, with the Bridgestone and Schermerhorn both being south of Broadway, try along Church Street, even Library Parking? Who's going to to the library during CMA Fest? There are a lot of garages and lots up that way. Everyone is avoiding downtown unless they have tickets for something.

The lady who sold us our $4 bottled water at the Ryman said traffic at 3:30 was awful. But at 5:30 it was nothing. A matter of timing I think?

Best of luck!

Old 06-13-2015, 11:05 AM

53 posts, read 76,210 times
Thanks CG. Yes, the Wizard of Oz. We have dinner reservations at 5, not sure valet will be open at that time. Might check online.

Called Schermerhorn ........ valet parking begins at 5.

Last edited by Decades; 06-13-2015 at 11:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville