Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2008, 12:45 PM

3 posts, read 16,674 times

Advertisements

I have an 8 month old son that I am unfortunately going to have to put into a day care when we relocate. Does anyone know what is the best to look for? I have even considered hiring a nanny. My son has alot of allergies so I want to make sure that he is looked after properly (as all mothers do). I am a nurse so I will only have to have someone 3 days per week. Any help at all would be much appreciated. If anyone knows of some definate "no" places please let me know those as well. Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 04:50 PM

250 posts, read 1,014,700 times
Do you know where you'll be living and working?

My son went to KinderCare for 2 years in the Fieldstone Farms location and I was very pleased with their pre-k program and phonics. Ms. Ronda was a great teacher!

Old 02-18-2008, 04:42 PM

2 posts, read 4,099 times
Default Day Care in Franklin - Any to stay away from?

We, too, will be relocating to Franklin for my husband's job toward the end of the summer and I'll have 2 children needing day care (at that time, their ages will be about 2 months and 2 years). We're really excited about the move because it sounds like a wonderful area--just the kind of place we want to raise our children (we'd move now if I weren't 5 months pregnant!). I've found a lot of great info on this forum about Franklin in general, and I hope I can get some good feedback on daycare.

At this point, we plan to work and live right in Franklin (renting for a year until we have our bearings). I'm most concerned about day care centers to stay away from. As our move gets closer, I'll want to narrow down my options so I can visit them on one of our trips, get on any waiting lists in time for our arrival, and be aware of any developmental milestones my children will need to be at before entering (e.g. potty training, using a cup, etc).

Thanks for any input you can offer!

Old 07-20-2008, 12:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,662 times
Default seeking childcare work in franklin/brentwood.tn

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedinTN View Post
I have an 8 month old son that I am unfortunately going to have to put into a day care when we relocate. Does anyone know what is the best to look for? I have even considered hiring a nanny. My son has alot of allergies so I want to make sure that he is looked after properly (as all mothers do). I am a nurse so I will only have to have someone 3 days per week. Any help at all would be much appreciated. If anyone knows of some definate "no" places please let me know those as well. Thanks so much!

I have worked in childcare a while now. I have an 8 week old and was planning to go back to work until the daycare I was working for decided not to give employee discounts any more to their employees. This happened 1 week before I was to go back. Needless to say this has left me in a jam, no job, no money coming in! I decided in my situation that it might be a good time to try and start taking care of children either in my home or theirs. I have a 10 year old who will be in school and then I have an 8 week old who will be with me. Please let me know if you would be interested in something like this. I have references I can get to you.
Thank you,
Tara

Old 07-20-2008, 01:12 PM

3,964 posts, read 10,633,731 times
Ummmm, she posted this months and months ago. I doubt she's still deciding

Old 08-29-2008, 06:38 PM

1 posts, read 2,541 times
Default Franklin tn. child care

Will provide Infant Care in my home in williamson co. Tn. Will give references..31 years of providing Cjild care in my home..no more than 2 children/infants will be cared for..I quit work a year ago after working with children for 31 years I am bored out of my mind and want to get back to doing what I love to do..helping to build a solid foundation in a safe loving home for your child...I can be contacted at vrf_818@yahoo.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: