Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2008, 08:17 PM

21 posts, read 72,092 times

Advertisements

I plan on attending Trevecca for my junior and senior years next fall. I've been to Nashville a few times, but have only hit the tourist spots. What's the city's atmosphere like in other areas besides downtown? And how are local businesses like coffee shops, restaurants, etc.? I'm not really interested in nightlife and such as I'm a rather boring, booky person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2008, 01:55 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,216,069 times
You can find a variety of "college life" type places over in the Vanderbilt/Belmont Universities area, including coffee shops, small cafes, and that sort of thing. Also, you can find old bookstores and new bookstores (be sure to visit Elder's, David-Kidd, and McKay's). We also have a pretty good public library system; be sure to visit the main downtown library.

There are also find other things that might be of interest to you such as the Frist Art Center, Cheekwood, the Symphony, the ballet, the opera, some great parks, TPAC (the Tennessee Performing Arts Center), small theaters, concerts in the park, Shakespeare in the Park, etc. In other words, not everything in Nashville centers around the country music/tourist scene. Until Nashville got famous for music and earned the nickname Music City, it was known as the "Athens of the South". Now, it's not quite New York or Chicago in terms of overall cultural activities, but I think you can find enough things to interest you.

I don't know what's around the general Trevecca area (probably not a lot, mostly fast food type places and one or two nicer restaurants), but it's not hard to get to other areas except during rush hour.

Last edited by alleycat; 02-05-2008 at 02:20 AM..

Old 02-05-2008, 02:25 AM

120 posts, read 128,012 times
What is "Travecca"?

Old 02-05-2008, 03:28 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,216,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmover99 View Post
What is "Travecca"?
Trevecca is a small college affiliated with the Church of the Nazarene. They have something like 2500 students.

Old 02-05-2008, 03:33 AM

120 posts, read 128,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
Trevecca is a small college affiliated with the Church of the Nazarene. They have something like 2500 students.
Thanks

Old 02-05-2008, 08:16 PM

250 posts, read 1,014,700 times
Because Nashville is home to several colleges (Vandy, Belmont, TSU, Fisk, Trevecca, etc.), you'll not run short on "booky" spots...they are literally everywhere. I think alleycat is right about the area right around Trevecca...but you won't have to go far to find something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: