Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 01:41 PM

600 posts, read 1,221,171 times

Advertisements

Hey there, I am coming to town with my son's hockey team. We are going to the Preds game as a group on a Saturday night. I would love to find a family friendly place to eat dinner before the game that would have live music that early, preferably in walking distance. Any suggestions? Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2015, 09:50 PM

1,398 posts, read 2,510,011 times
Hard Rock Cafe. They cater to families.

Old 12-28-2015, 12:30 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,473,389 times
Agree...I'd look on 2nd Ave. Broadway on a Saturday Night is going to be difficult to be "family friendly"...although I guess it depends on what your definition of that is. Assuming you are looking to lower the odds of obnoxiousness rather than avoiding it altogether (which is impossible on a Saturday Night) Margaritaville might be okay...I've seen families in there before and they usually have live music. Jack's BBQ (though doubt they have live music) and Rippy's BBQ might be worth a look, though Rippy's is usually slammed before Preds games.

On 2nd Ave: BB Kings might also be an option. Hard Rock will probably work as well. Wildhorse usually has a good amount of younger folks there so it should be okay too. All 3 of those should be able to accommodate medium sized groups too. Rock Bottom is also usually pretty tame.

Other thoughts...Puckett's on 5th and Church is a bit of a walk but would be family friendly and have music. If push came to shove Demos', Old Spaghetti Factory, & Joe's Crab Shack all have very little in the way of music or local flair but could accommodate a medium/large group pretty easily I would guess.

Old 12-28-2015, 02:00 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,085,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellsd View Post
Hey there, I am coming to town with my son's hockey team. We are going to the Preds game as a group on a Saturday night. I would love to find a family friendly place to eat dinner before the game that would have live music that early, preferably in walking distance. Any suggestions? Thanks!!
The Preds play in Carolina on Saturday.....

Edit...sorry I missed "a" Saturday night. I thought you said this week. Carry on.

BTW depending on how large the group is, Bailey's on Broadway might be an option as well.

Old 12-28-2015, 03:18 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,473,389 times
I always forget about Baileys. Good idea.

Old 12-28-2015, 09:01 PM

Thanks guys!!

Yep, I know the Preds are away in Raleigh this Saturday as that is where I am

a little more detail about us. We will likely have about 40 in our group. when I say family friendly, I really just mean a place where it is OK to bring kids (mostly 11 and 12 year olds). We want them to see some real music and dancing while we eat some dinner Most of us parents really enjoy our beer so I am not worried about the kids being exposed to alcohol, I just don't want to wind up in a nude bar (boys would probably enjoy though).

Really appreciate your input! I was worried about their being live music that early but I suppose there always is there?

Old 12-29-2015, 12:28 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,085,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellsd View Post
Thanks guys!!

Yep, I know the Preds are away in Raleigh this Saturday as that is where I am

a little more detail about us. We will likely have about 40 in our group. when I say family friendly, I really just mean a place where it is OK to bring kids (mostly 11 and 12 year olds). We want them to see some real music and dancing while we eat some dinner Most of us parents really enjoy our beer so I am not worried about the kids being exposed to alcohol, I just don't want to wind up in a nude bar (boys would probably enjoy though).

Really appreciate your input! I was worried about their being live music that early but I suppose there always is there?
There's always live music in a lot of places regardless of what time it is. Granted, a lot of those places are generally "bars" where you couldn't bring kids. If you're bringing a group of 40 or so you may want to give a place some advance notice though because a lot of these places are kinda small and don't occupy a ton of people, and if they do, it's generally for foot traffic and the nightlife crowd rather than a lot of seating area. One place that might be a good option IF they aren't 21 and up (earlier in the day) is Honky Tonk Central on 3rd and Broadway. They always have live music, they have 3 floors, a good amount of space, and are generally not that crowded during afternoons...even on a weekend. I'm not sure if they allow kids though.

Old 12-29-2015, 12:32 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,722,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
If you're bringing a group of 40 or so you may want to give a place some advance notice though because a lot of these places are kinda small and don't occupy a ton of people

This.

Most places are all ages before 6PM, even on the weekend.

Old 12-29-2015, 03:51 PM

oh, would definitely give advance notice! Thanks everyone

Old 01-03-2016, 06:23 AM

74 posts, read 89,808 times
ACME Feed & Seed is your best bet. Although, any place can be a challenge with a large group....just know that going in. Have a great time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville