Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 06:49 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,009,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben2015 View Post
what all counts as a decent area? I'll definitely look into Nippers.
It's kind of hard to say honestly. I've had this discussion with many different people on here. You really need to come down and spend a couple days exploring the areas. For example, brentwood and franklin will be most expensive and probably the most upscale. Likely followed by bellvue (pretty family oriented here). East Nashville is very up and coming depending on where you are but Idon't know of many apartments in east nash, prices are also rising quite a bit there since it's a more "hip/urban" part of town. Antioch can be a good, cheaper area but it's very dependent on the neighborhood. Antioch often gets a bad rap for being unsafe, which certain parts are, but not everywhere. The cross over from brentwood to antioch is pretty large and there are decent apartments in that area, look at old hickory/bell rd area (we live off old hickory). I'm not as familiar with the donelson/hermitage area but I've heard they're goodplaces to live so don't count those out. Really, again, it's best to have a drive down and explore as much as you can. Nashville is changing pretty quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2016, 07:24 AM

456 posts, read 587,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluch View Post
It's kind of hard to say honestly. I've had this discussion with many different people on here. You really need to come down and spend a couple days exploring the areas. For example, brentwood and franklin will be most expensive and probably the most upscale. Likely followed by bellvue (pretty family oriented here). East Nashville is very up and coming depending on where you are but Idon't know of many apartments in east nash, prices are also rising quite a bit there since it's a more "hip/urban" part of town. Antioch can be a good, cheaper area but it's very dependent on the neighborhood. Antioch often gets a bad rap for being unsafe, which certain parts are, but not everywhere. The cross over from brentwood to antioch is pretty large and there are decent apartments in that area, look at old hickory/bell rd area (we live off old hickory). I'm not as familiar with the donelson/hermitage area but I've heard they're goodplaces to live so don't count those out. Really, again, it's best to have a drive down and explore as much as you can. Nashville is changing pretty quickly.
Lol..Bellevue is certainly not the 3rd most expensive place to live. Its not even close.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:16 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,009,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by titanspreds_04 View Post
Lol..Bellevue is certainly not the 3rd most expensive place to live. Its not even close.
Lol, ya, you're probably right, there are some much more expensive areas besides franklin and brentwood (belle meade is certainly one of them) however I've seen some very nice, pricey neighborhoods in the bellevue (spelled it right this time hah) area or close by.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:33 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,722,397 times
Quote:
but Idon't know of many apartments in east nash
At least two new apt. complexes in EN but both are well beyond the OPer's budget.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:54 AM

456 posts, read 587,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluch View Post
Lol, ya, you're probably right, there are some much more expensive areas besides franklin and brentwood (belle meade is certainly one of them) however I've seen some very nice, pricey neighborhoods in the bellevue (spelled it right this time hah) area or close by.
To me, East Nash, Forest Hills, Oak Hill, Nolensville, Hendersonville, Mt. Juliet, Thompsons Station, Spring Hill and possibly Donelson now would all be more expensive. I think of Bellevue kind of being like Hermitage or Smyrna. Bellevue certainly does have some nice areas and certainly nothing is wrong with it at all. Bellevue is family friendly but probably not as family oriented as communities like Franklin, Brentwood, Hendersonville, Mt. Juliet or Spring Hill.

Old 04-23-2016, 10:08 AM

22 posts, read 29,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by titanspreds_04 View Post
To me, East Nash, Forest Hills, Oak Hill, Nolensville, Hendersonville, Mt. Juliet, Thompsons Station, Spring Hill and possibly Donelson now would all be more expensive. I think of Bellevue kind of being like Hermitage or Smyrna. Bellevue certainly does have some nice areas and certainly nothing is wrong with it at all. Bellevue is family friendly but probably not as family oriented as communities like Franklin, Brentwood, Hendersonville, Mt. Juliet or Spring Hill.
Is Antioch okay? I've seen some townhouses for rent there that fit my budget.

Old 04-23-2016, 04:28 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,743,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben2015 View Post
Is Antioch okay? I've seen some townhouses for rent there that fit my budget.
It depends ... it's a pretty big zip code.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville