Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 10:35 AM

6,662 posts, read 13,336,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALLASNTENNESSEE View Post
Thank you. This really is what I'm looking for. I want my kids to grow up in a more rural area but still in a nice town. I'll be working from home. From what I could see online, it looks like the schools are pretty good there too.
I think it should be noted that both Franklin and Mt. Juliet are growing very rapidly right now...so even on the fringes, the "rural" feel might be lost in a few years. I'm not trying to steer you away from either of these places -- I think they are both good communities, especially for transplants -- but just do be aware that growth is coming at the expense of the farmland and "small town" feels of a lot of communities around Nashville.

That said, there's more rural land around Mt. Juliet right now, and I agree with b'woodgirl's assessment. Depending on where you land, it may take some time to fill in.

Quote:
I could be wrong in saying this, but aren't all downtowns historic? I'll check it out though.
It's primarily dependent on when the town/city developed.

I covered my thoughts on this in a previous thread:

Hendersonville, Mt Juliet, Old Hickory
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2016, 12:07 PM

18 posts, read 22,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
I think it should be noted that both Franklin and Mt. Juliet are growing very rapidly right now...so even on the fringes, the "rural" feel might be lost in a few years. I'm not trying to steer you away from either of these places -- I think they are both good communities, especially for transplants -- but just do be aware that growth is coming at the expense of the farmland and "small town" feels of a lot of communities around Nashville.

That said, there's more rural land around Mt. Juliet right now, and I agree with b'woodgirl's assessment. Depending on where you land, it may take some time to fill in.

It's primarily dependent on when the town/city developed.

I covered my thoughts on this in a previous thread:

Hendersonville, Mt Juliet, Old Hickory

Thank you so much NashVols.

Update: My wife and I drove around Mt Juliet again and absolutely feel in love with it. I had no idea that Mt. Juliet has two large lakes on each side of it. I've also never seen so many deer at a park Hunter State Park. This is my kind of area! Its so quiet here compared to Franklin. I agree with Nashvols and Brentwood girl that Franklon has more HQ's, Stores, historic downtown but that's not really what I'm looking for. I just want a place I can be me.

Is their a website that has farms/homes for sale in South Mt. Juliet. From Google maps it looks like it's Central Pike, Stewart's Ferry, Logue Rd, Mires Rd., mt. Juliet 3rd. Area. I'm looking for about 5-10 acres in the 500k-700k range. Can somebody guide me to a listing site?

Old 12-26-2016, 02:07 PM

171 posts, read 233,324 times
Realtracs.com sources directly from the local MLS listings, so it is a good spot to look for homes or land.

Old 12-26-2016, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_gal View Post
Realtracs.com sources directly from the local MLS listings, so it is a good spot to look for homes or land.
Thanks. How do I just search for homes in that area though? I really don't want to search all of Wilson County. I just need to search that area. What elementary school district is that?

Old 12-29-2016, 07:17 PM

263 posts, read 614,402 times
Quote:
Thanks. How do I just search for homes in that area though? I really don't want to search all of Wilson County. I just need to search that area. What elementary school district is that?
The areas you mentioned (Stewarts Ferry Rd, Central Pike, Logue Rd, etc.) would be split between two elementary school zones: Gladeville and Rutland. Gladeville is in an unincorporated part of Wilson County generally referred to as "Gladeville," while Rutland is in the Providence area in Mount Juliet. Both are quality schools, and both feed into West Wilson Middle / Wilson Central High.

When searching for a home in the Gladeville area, you will want to search using the zip code 37122 (Mount Juliet). A small portion of the Gladeville area is located in 37090 -- but I would advise that you be careful not to end up in the Lebanon Special School District or the Lebanon High School zone. I live in the small part of 37090 that is in the West Wilson / Wilson Central zone.

Best of luck!

Old 12-30-2016, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_commuter View Post
The areas you mentioned (Stewarts Ferry Rd, Central Pike, Logue Rd, etc.) would be split between two elementary school zones: Gladeville and Rutland. Gladeville is in an unincorporated part of Wilson County generally referred to as "Gladeville," while Rutland is in the Providence area in Mount Juliet. Both are quality schools, and both feed into West Wilson Middle / Wilson Central High.

When searching for a home in the Gladeville area, you will want to search using the zip code 37122 (Mount Juliet). A small portion of the Gladeville area is located in 37090 -- but I would advise that you be careful not to end up in the Lebanon Special School District or the Lebanon High School zone. I live in the small part of 37090 that is in the West Wilson / Wilson Central zone.

Best of luck!

Thank you. Yes, I would want to stay in Mt. Juliet. I saw a stupid amount of warehouses being built from Lebanon to Rutherford County.

Old 01-05-2017, 05:03 PM

1,398 posts, read 2,510,011 times
Quote:
I could be wrong in saying this, but aren't all downtowns historic? I'll check it out though.
Nope... Hendersonville's downtown is absolutely NOT historic. It was a crossroads for a long time until the 1960s, then became overrun with strip shopping centers and gas stations. Then more recently, new routes through town have bypassed the original "downtown" and there are even a couple of new (artificial) downtowns in the form of shopping districts.

The thing Hendersonville has going for it is the lake and some really good housing values and very good schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville