Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2018, 08:24 AM

5,962 posts, read 3,706,857 times

Advertisements

Looking for a place in or near Nashville with a LARGE dance floor to do country line dancing and country couples dancing (which is kind of like line dancing with a partner) to live music. BTW, this is NOT the same thing as square dancing and not even similar.

I was disappointed recently when my wife and I went to the Nashville Palace. We had been told that was a good place to go dancing to some of the classic (older) country songs. They had a good band that was playing some good classic country songs, but their dance floor is smaller than my kitchen.

Willing to consider almost any type venue as long as they play good danceable country music and have a very large dance floor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2018, 07:01 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,086,830 times
The only place I can think of is the Wildhorse Saloon, which has line dancing lessons. It’s downtown on 2nd Ave.

https://wildhorsesaloon.com/entertainment

Old 07-21-2018, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
The only place I can think of is the Wildhorse Saloon, which has line dancing lessons. It’s downtown on 2nd Ave.

https://wildhorsesaloon.com/entertainment

Thanks. I appreciate your attempt to help. I've been to the Wildhorse Saloon.

The line dance "lessons" aren't what we're looking for. We already know how to do quite a few line dances plus a lot of country couples dances. We're just looking for the opportunity to put the dances to use.

In my opinion, the line dance classes they give are simply a form of entertainment which involves some audience participation to fill the time between bands. That's fine for the bar/saloon which has a new set of tourist customers almost every day because it keeps them entertained for less cost than a band would cost, but it's not really a good situation for experienced dancers to get together to do their dances.

A few years ago, there was a good place to do the country couples dancing and country line dancing in Madison, TN just north of Nashville called Larry's Grand Ole Garage, but unfortunately the owner sold the place and they have something else in there now.

Anyway, thanks again for the suggestion. Maybe someone else will read this and think of a place with a LARGE dance floor and a good band.

Old 07-22-2018, 08:14 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,086,830 times
Maybe this will help?

World Line Dance Newsletter

Old 07-22-2018, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
Maybe this will help?

World Line Dance Newsletter

Thanks! Interesting info.

I just wish that they grouped these by location/area rather than alphabetical or better yet if they spotted them on a map.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville