Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 12:40 PM

16 posts, read 29,262 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any experience with buying a new home in Mount Juliet? I am seeking opinions on what to look for and avoid regarding builders and communities. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2017, 01:15 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,473,389 times
Nothing specific for MtJ, but I'd advise you to find a real estate agent who can help you make sure you don't get taken advantage of. I'd also hire a home inspector to check out the home. Even though it's new construction, get a home inspector.

Old 08-02-2017, 01:59 PM

457 posts, read 497,358 times
We have built three homes in MJ in three different neighborhoods over a 12 year period. I know - crazy.

I suggest that you drive around specific neighborhoods to get a feel for what you want. Most homes within the city limits are built on top of each other; if that's not a problem for you, then you have quite a few neighborhoods to choose from. That was the main reason we left our last neighborhood after 2.5 years.

I don't really have any complaints regarding the build quality of any of the homes we built, each home was a different builder (there are always minor issues that come up, but, nothing serious); however, I will suggest that you stay involved and visit your home constantly. Do not assume it will go without a hitch and you do not need to make frequent visits.....because you do.

Our last two home we used a realtor, it probably wasn't necessary but it gave us a sense of security regarding the process.

I will agree with DonCorleone 100% regarding getting the home inspected prior to closing.

Old 08-02-2017, 03:36 PM

16 posts, read 29,262 times
Thanks for the tips on the realtor and inspections. Other than schools and shopping, what are the pros and cons of living off of Central Pike vs homes off of Lebanon Rd? Know of any future plans for the area?

Old 08-02-2017, 04:46 PM

457 posts, read 497,358 times
I live on the south side of town (Central Pike) - traffic is pretty bad through the Providence area at certain times of the day, sometimes it's a breeze. There are three new developments being (or soon to be built) off of Central Pike.

On the north side (Lebanon Rd) - it will take a while to get to/from the interstate if that's an issue for you. There is also supposed to be a new high school built in the area of Lebanon Rd and N. Greenhill Rd., and there is a new neighborhood right in the same area (Nichols Vale) so traffic through there will be a bear at certain times of the day in the future, if not already.

In between these areas there are numerous neighborhoods expanding as well.

To be honest - traffic is not a plus in MJ. City officials dropped the ball and allowed too many developments to come in without building infrastructure to handle the population boom.

Old 08-16-2017, 08:15 AM

7,456 posts, read 4,688,527 times
I'm in this bind right now as well. Slim pickin's in MJ. I just want a 2-BR home which I can convert into 3-BR later, or better, a 3-BR house, in a nice private surrounding.

Old 08-16-2017, 08:43 AM

1,584 posts, read 2,085,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tla921 View Post
I live on the south side of town (Central Pike) - traffic is pretty bad through the Providence area at certain times of the day, sometimes it's a breeze. There are three new developments being (or soon to be built) off of Central Pike.

On the north side (Lebanon Rd) - it will take a while to get to/from the interstate if that's an issue for you. There is also supposed to be a new high school built in the area of Lebanon Rd and N. Greenhill Rd., and there is a new neighborhood right in the same area (Nichols Vale) so traffic through there will be a bear at certain times of the day in the future, if not already.

In between these areas there are numerous neighborhoods expanding as well.

To be honest - traffic is not a plus in MJ. City officials dropped the ball and allowed too many developments to come in without building infrastructure to handle the population boom.
Depending on how far along Lebanon Road headed west (past MJ Road) you are, like Nichols Vale and Greenhill Road area you're probably better off just getting onto 40 by driving into Hermitage and going to Old Hickory Blvd than trying to backtrack all the way to Providence and get on "in Mt Juliet". Mt. Juliet and Hermitage intertwine with each other a lot depending on where in MJ you are headed that direction.

Old 08-16-2017, 08:59 PM

7,456 posts, read 4,688,527 times
Like someone else said, if it's builders you are wary off, it's not limited to MJ. It's basically just that -- builders.

I suggest researching builders on sites like this:
https://www.consumeraffairs.com/

Also research on youtube regarding owners feedback on houses.

You will notice not all builders are created equal, though they try to price their houses about the same.

As far as communities, that is the strength of MJ. Very nice communities they have there. Still, I gripe on lack of privacy in communities.

Old 08-22-2017, 01:47 PM

39 posts, read 76,488 times
FWIW, I built a home with Signature in Franklin. They have a large community in Mt. Juliet called Jackson Hills.

We had an incredible process working with them. They were very flexible and accommodated most of our annoying, specific requests.

Here's the website for their community out there: https://e-signaturehomes.com/communities/jackson-hills/

Old 08-30-2017, 08:03 PM

9 posts, read 7,728 times
I would also recommend driving around the area and getting a feel for the neighborhoods. There are many new construction neighborhoods in all areas of Mt Juliet. I personally would not live South of the interstate, but that is purely from a traffic perspective. There are many local builders in addition to the national companies in Mt Juliet. If you do your research or find a good Realtor to help you, it should be a smooth process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville