Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2019, 12:23 PM

1 posts, read 990 times

Advertisements

Thinking about taking a job at Arnold AFB but it looks like Nashville might be too far of a commute (1 hour) or so. Does anyone do that or is Murfreesboro a more realistic option? Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2019, 01:32 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,083,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFoley1972 View Post
Thinking about taking a job at Arnold AFB but it looks like Nashville might be too far of a commute (1 hour) or so. Does anyone do that or is Murfreesboro a more realistic option? Thoughts?
Murfreesboro is far enough. If you did Nashville you would hate it. Commute wise, if it wasn't in a different time zone you'd be better off living in Chattanooga than Nashville.

edit: well maybe not I forgot about crossing the mountains

Old 01-30-2019, 02:38 PM

367 posts, read 585,186 times
I would stick to Murfreesboro. You will escape the majority of the traffic leaving from Murfreesboro as oppose to Nashville. You will also have a reverse commute so that will help as well. Murfreesboro is close enough to Nashville to be able to enjoy its amenities anytime you want but not have to pay the price and fight the traffic living there.

Old 01-30-2019, 04:32 PM

1,664 posts, read 1,916,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest455 View Post
A lot further than 1 hr. I drive to AEDC often. With traffic looking at 2.
^^^This.

And if you do look at Murfreesboro, you want to look at the lower South or SE portion, close to I-24.

Maybe even in the area or outskirts of MTSU that would put you close to I-24.

Believe me, convenience getting to Arnold is a lot more important than getting to Nashville

If you want something more rural, yet fairly convenient to downtown Murfreesboro and Nashville, you could look at the east side of Bedford County that is in close proximity to I-24. We are an Ag county so real estate and RE taxes are easier on the checkbook than Rutherford County (Murfreesboro

Old 01-31-2019, 05:53 AM

337 posts, read 448,735 times
I live in the North Part of Murfreesboro in a subdivision of about 600 homes that can be on I-840 in about 4 minutes. Then from there, its about 3 minutes to I-24 south. It takes me 47 minutes to the gate of Arnold. 2 houses down from me, my friend works at Arnold and drives every work day. Loves the drive. She has worked all three shifts and doesn't complain about traffic. I do believe if I lived near the Joe B. Jackson exit on the southern part of Murfreesboro, I could be to Arnold in about 35 minutes. PM me if you want to know anything more detailed about this.

Old 01-31-2019, 10:04 AM

1,398 posts, read 2,508,832 times
Murfreesboro, for sure! Probably anywhere near either I-840 or I-24, but suggest the latter over the former because of the flow/density of traffic on I-24 from downtown Murfreesboro, around Hwy 96, to Nashville. So better to be on the 'outside' of that. If you like the idea of living near I-840, look at the area south of I-840 & I-24 junction and southwest of I-24. Just did a Google maps on Lynnford Drive & Joe Jackson Pkwy. It shows 40 miles to Arnold via I-24. If you live any closer to Nashville than that, I'd expect you to hate your commute very soon after starting there. You might consider Christiana, TN, a little farther south which puts you closer to Arnold via Epps Mill Rd., but not so far away from M'boro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville