Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 11:53 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,629,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
Hey, My daughter goes to MTSU and would not think of going to a keg party. She has never even tasted beer.
All those parties occur in the Frat houses on Greek Row, so keep away from that area.
What comes to mine is Blackman Farms which is off 96 in Murfreesboro, on the way to Franklin. They seem to be a good price.
Blackman Farms Real Estate, Murfreesboro - Blackman Farms Homes for Sale, MLS Listings

Diane G
This is just my personal opinion, but I think Blackman Farm is hideous! The houses themselves are extremely well-priced and have very attrative floor plans, however they are built on pieces of land that are barely larger than the actual house. You neighbor's house will be about 10 feet or less away from yours. They are all scrunched together and it looks awful.

Diane's daughter may very well have never tasted beer or considered going to a party. She knows her daughter much better than I do, so I am in no position to judge.

Old 08-01-2008, 06:32 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mia_magination View Post
Hey staywarm2,

I use grapefruit seed extract in pill form when allergies are real bad myself and something called XLEAR Soothing & Moisturizing Nasal Wash with Xylitol, I buy it here at Vitamin World but you could probably buy it online from Puritan's Pride or Vitamin World. It runs about $12 and you spray your nasal cavity once or twice and within minutes you are relieved of your symptoms NATURALLY. I use it on my kids because they have a few health issues and I refuse to give them drugs...isn't that what we try telling them since they can walk and talk, "Drugs, NO!". This stuff works amazing on sinus headache, sinus pressure, allergy sneezing etc.

Good luck to you and feel free to pm me if you have any other questions.
Thanks, I'll definitely try to find these products. Sounds great!

Old 08-01-2008, 06:36 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times
Smile Making Friends in Murfreesboro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveM123 View Post
Staywarm
We have moved quite a few times and have never had trouble making friends. We have found the people in Murfreesboro to be very freindly and helpful in our visits down there. I am sure we will make some good friends once we are there permanently this fall. Dave
That sounds good. I'm tried of these snobs in my community. That's one reason we are looking at TN for retirement. The state sound like it has lots of friendly people.

Old 08-01-2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
That sounds good. I'm tried of these snobs in my community. That's one reason we are looking at TN for retirement. The state sound like it has lots of friendly people.
Murfreesboro is very friendly, from my experience. I'm sure we have our snobs as well, but we aren't overrun with them. There are other towns nearby though, that are extremely snobby. I won't mention which specific ones because I do not want to intentionally offend anyone.

Old 08-01-2008, 01:49 PM

255 posts, read 757,430 times
You GO MOM!!!! Good for you for teaching your kid to be responsible, people like you are my inspiration! Thanks for the info everyone. I have an idea of where to Start looking anyway and definately places to stay Away from

Old 08-01-2008, 05:03 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,960,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
This is just my personal opinion, but I think Blackman Farm is hideous! The houses themselves are extremely well-priced and have very attrative floor plans, however they are built on pieces of land that are barely larger than the actual house. You neighbor's house will be about 10 feet or less away from yours. They are all scrunched together and it looks awful.

Diane's daughter may very well have never tasted beer or considered going to a party. She knows her daughter much better than I do, so I am in no position to judge.
I agree with you Steve, Blackman Farm is awful. I was shocked when I saw it. The houses are practically in the street and all lined up like chicklets! In all fairness though, many people purchased them so they do have appeal to a lot of people apparently.

Old 08-02-2008, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim918 View Post
I agree with you Steve, Blackman Farm is awful. I was shocked when I saw it. The houses are practically in the street and all lined up like chicklets! In all fairness though, many people purchased them so they do have appeal to a lot of people apparently.
Maybe blind people! I'd live in an apartment before buying one of those hideous homes.

Old 08-02-2008, 03:32 AM

1,109 posts, read 2,960,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
Maybe blind people! I'd live in an apartment before buying one of those hideous homes.
Too funny! I agree! What do you think of Weston Park? I liked the homes they built there, but it was all crammed in as well. I felt claustrophobic in there.

Old 08-02-2008, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim918 View Post
Too funny! I agree! What do you think of Weston Park? I liked the homes they built there, but it was all crammed in as well. I felt claustrophobic in there.
It is okay; mostly anything is better than Blackman Farm. It is crammed but doesn't look as bad. The pool they are building will sure be nice!

Old 08-02-2008, 10:19 PM

1,715 posts, read 6,981,632 times
I think traffic in the Weston Park area will be... let's just say interesting when they begin widening New Salem Hwy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville