Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 08:41 PM

450 posts, read 1,503,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsred8 View Post
Just came across this post, add another from Central Cali We are from Fresno. We too miss the tri-tip, In-N-Out burgers, and good pizza like Round Table and Me-n-Eds! Yum!! Our children missed the salami and we have found getting the Genoa Salami at the deli counter to be pretty close to Gallo. We have been here for a little over three years.
Welcome to the forum. We moved here in April and so far so good. There are lots of things we miss about California. But there are lots things WE DON"T miss too. How about Mexican Food? We miss that and so far have not found a good one yet. I will say that BBQ here is awesome. And so are the people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2008, 10:39 PM

730 posts, read 1,918,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeB View Post
Welcome to the forum. We moved here in April and so far so good. There are lots of things we miss about California. But there are lots things WE DON"T miss too. How about Mexican Food? We miss that and so far have not found a good one yet. I will say that BBQ here is awesome. And so are the people.
NO MEXICAN FOOD

I may die of hunger there.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:03 AM

There is Mexican food here.... Just not what we are used too... It seems to be a little different in ways I can not explain... It is good just different.. Trust me you will not starve here Ha ha ha ha....

Old 09-08-2008, 11:37 AM

17 posts, read 41,155 times
Lee- We have found a pretty good Mexican place in Hendersonville. It's called La Lomas on Main Street just east of Indian Lake Blvd. We have tried several places around town and this is by far the best and closest to California mexican food quality.

Old 09-08-2008, 04:00 PM

135 posts, read 412,685 times
we're from sacramento and considering a move to the nashville area. i had no idea tri-tip was regional, funny. when i lived in new orelans, i couldn't find decent mexican food but i traded it in for po'boys and crawfish monica.
we've been looking from north carolina to new mexico and came to realize there's always something we'll have to trade in, it's a give and take.
i grew up on genoa salami, mmmmmmm.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsred8 View Post
Lee- We have found a pretty good Mexican place in Hendersonville. It's called La Lomas on Main Street just east of Indian Lake Blvd. We have tried several places around town and this is by far the best and closest to California mexican food quality.
Waaaaaaaa Hooooo we have to go down there tomorrow anyway. May as well give it a shot.....

Thanks

Old 09-08-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaingirl75 View Post
we're from sacramento and considering a move to the nashville area. i had no idea tri-tip was regional, funny. when i lived in new orelans, i couldn't find decent mexican food but i traded it in for po'boys and crawfish monica.
we've been looking from north carolina to new mexico and came to realize there's always something we'll have to trade in, it's a give and take.
i grew up on genoa salami, mmmmmmm.
We live 30 miles north of Nashville up I-65 and love it up here.... Check out the Portland area...

Old 09-10-2008, 09:05 PM

730 posts, read 1,918,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeB View Post
There is Mexican food here.... Just not what we are used too... It seems to be a little different in ways I can not explain... It is good just different.. Trust me you will not starve here Ha ha ha ha....
Aah, thank you. I can now rest easy.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:02 PM

5 posts, read 28,438 times
WHY DOES NO ONE KNOW WHAT TRI-TIP IS?!?!? My wife and I moved out here from the Sacramento area 3 years ago and I thought I was crazy until now. I thought I was the only one that was noticing the lack of Tri-Tip. We always went to Bel-Air or Raleys and they would be BBQing them right out front. Yes, I said BBQ, not "Grilling". It's the little things you miss...like GOOD PRODUCE!!!

Old 09-26-2008, 06:32 AM

Yo GarciainTn..... I found Tri-tip at Sam's Club Bowling Green. But we didn't have any way to transport it home. We are going up there next week to get some and do some other shopping. We have been trying to find a cut of meat that is comparable to Tri-Tip.... The Produce here is not that bad. We are spoiled thats all.... ha ha ha.... Grilling to me makes sense but I like you am used to saying BBQ but I am getting the hang of it. I love it here and am really enjoying learning the ways. Do you know what a hose pipe is? I do........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville