Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 12:32 PM

933 posts, read 2,742,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumanchu41 View Post
LOL. Everything I've read is the belmont/hillsboro village area is very safe. I'm getting conflicting reports on this post. Please help. We are now looking in the Belle Meade/Green Hills/Hillsboro Village/Bellmont/West End area. We would like a very safe walkable neighborhood to raise our baby. Thank you.
Well, they're all pretty safe. Green Hills/Bell Meade area is not very walkable at all but probably the safest area. Hillsboro Village is safe and very walkable but you will be around a lot of college kids. Some people like that some people not as much (like Pimpy said). Were talking Vandy and Belmont kids though, so they're usually pretty well behaved and law abiding. I would consider the Belmont area safe (but I'm a hardened East Nashvillian, hah) but probably out of all the areas would have the most crime. The area is what some people would call, using that sometimes ugly term, gentrifying. But it's pretty far along and would probably be the cheapest area to buy. You see alot of young families pushing their babies in the 12th South/Belmont area. Since price doesn't seem to be a big concern, you might want to add Sylvan Park to your list. Although the neighborhood could use some more sidewalks, it's fairly walkable and safe. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2009, 03:45 AM

1 posts, read 6,315 times
The thing is some areas in Antioch are perfectly fine just that area gets a bad wrap. Main areas to avoid Charlotte ave. Most of Nolensville rd. Hickory Hollow mall at night, Richards rd. Jefferson st. Near Fisk university, all of Dickerson rd. (I mean really not much good stuff there, that's a tough area especially near Trinity lane) Some parts of east Nashville (mainly just parts right across from the interstate, Shelby park area us actually very nice), and the nations area in west Nashville, also the Harding place area near the interstate and in between Franklin rd and the airport can be a little rough. I know that is leasting a lot but, there are so many great areas to live near some tough neighborhoods. There are some gang hoods in parts of southeast Nashville and northwest Nashville but we don't have a gang problem quite like LA or NYC. Most of the gangs are in those two areas. The Latino gangs operate off nolensville rd. and most of the areas around there. Bloods and Crips are mainly up
near D.B. Todd and near TSU. Asian and Kurdish gangs are mainly around Hickory Hollow mall and LaVergne.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:39 PM

150 posts, read 619,818 times
Default Cleveland Park Neighborhood Association

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebookace View Post
Goodman2 and Sek1986. It is good to see some defense of 37207. My girlfriend and I are about to buy a really cool house that is a total rehab in the area. I have to admit that I have had some trepidation around the decision, but there are good signs that the area is on it's way up. Just like now-trendy 37206 it will take more dedicated people to continue the momentum. We are not only buying a home, but are really investing in the area and we want to do what we can to make sure our investment is a good one. Do either of you know if there is an active Neighborhood Association for Cleveland Park?
Yes, there is! Cleveland Park Neighborhood Association. You can join our listserv at Cleveland Park - Nashville | Google Groups and visit our website (outdated home page but the rest is up to date) at Cleveland Park Neighborhood Association (CPNA) - Nashville, TN. In particular, I encourage you to visit our "Phone Contacts" page which gives you numbers and links for most Metro related issues you might encounter as a homeowner: Cleveland Park Important Phone Numbers (Nashville, TN) (http://www.cpnanashville.org/phonenumbers.html - broken link)

Old 09-11-2009, 07:04 PM

518 posts, read 2,013,629 times
Question Is the last poster from Memphis?

Just curious. There was a girl that went to Overton High School with that name...................

Old 09-17-2009, 12:01 AM

150 posts, read 619,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plattsburgher View Post
Just curious. There was a girl that went to Overton High School with that name...................
Nope, I was born in Chattanooga (and have also lived in Portland, OR and Chicago, IL)

Old 10-14-2009, 06:03 PM

215 posts, read 681,956 times
Badabing7531 I must mention that Dickerson Pike is not that bad today even near Trinity Lane like it was years ago and it's really no worse crime wise than Inglewood so I would give that second thought because Northeast Nashville is always improving and you should see Bellshire,Cleveland Park,Parkwood,and Mulberry Downs those are nice neighborhoods off of Dickerson Pike.

Now as far as Charlotte Pike you speak of goes it's not bad either in west nashville neither is Antioch all that much but as far as Jefferson Street goes and perhaps Nolensville Pike in south nashville goes I might agree more but certainly not Charlotte Pike or even Dickerson Pike as there are good places there too and more are always yet to come in the future.

Old 10-14-2009, 07:21 PM

22 posts, read 46,499 times
As a Realtor in Franklin, I can't tell you where to and where not to live but i can tell you that there are many safe places to live in and around Nashville. You just need to know where they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville