Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2007, 01:17 PM

923 posts, read 3,516,304 times

Advertisements

Hello Folks,
My wife and I have visited Nasville a few times over the last year and really fell in Love with it.
We Love the Rolling hills of Franklin and the "Yuppy Watching" in Brentwood, lol.
Green Hills is nice to drive through and housewatch.

Is Fairview a happy median between the extremes of "YuppieVille", Old, Old $$$ and 69 Camaroes

We are looking to spend less than $175,000
Any hope for us folks?
Thank You so Much!
I am Never again going to spend Most of our disposable income on housing Again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2007, 05:12 PM
kar

179 posts, read 754,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackToTheSouth View Post
Hello Folks,
My wife and I have visited Nasville a few times over the last year and really fell in Love with it.
We Love the Rolling hills of Franklin and the "Yuppy Watching" in Brentwood, lol.
Green Hills is nice to drive through and housewatch.

Is Fairview a happy median between the extremes of "YuppieVille", Old, Old $$$ and 69 Camaroes

We are looking to spend less than $175,000
Any hope for us folks?
Thank You so Much!
I am Never again going to spend Most of our disposable income on housing Again!
We live in Fairview. Fairview is located in Williamson County just like Brentwood and Franklin with out the high price tag at least for right now. Fairview is poised for growth. This would be a great time to purchase something in Fairview. Fairview has a mix of farms and subdivisions and still close enough to Nashville. You can purchase something very nice in your price range. If you need any other information please private me as I know of some very nice homes that will fit your budget.

Old 04-03-2007, 02:39 PM

20 posts, read 99,446 times
My wife and I were looking at Fairview as well for a home when we move out, but it seems like its really far away from the Cool Springs area where I'll be working...can anyone comment on the drive from Fairview to Cool Springs in the AM around 7 and in the evening around 6?

Old 04-09-2007, 11:59 AM

9 posts, read 34,895 times
Default We're in Brentwood now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishproff View Post
My wife and I were looking at Fairview as well for a home when we move out, but it seems like its really far away from the Cool Springs area where I'll be working...can anyone comment on the drive from Fairview to Cool Springs in the AM around 7 and in the evening around 6?
Hi Prof,
We are getting in the car now to drive to Fairview, Than back from Brentwood. I'll try to give you est.

Old 04-11-2007, 11:08 PM

162 posts, read 551,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishproff View Post
can anyone comment on the drive from Fairview to Cool Springs in the AM around 7 and in the evening around 6?
I have made the evening drive a few times in the later rush hour commute - old hickory before Hillsboro road backs up pretty good, and then again at highway 100. I think you’d probably add 20 minutes to the 40 minute drive.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:44 PM

2 posts, read 4,784 times
Default fairview???

okay i'm a teenager so i know alll about what goes on in fairview.. if you have teenage daughters stay away. most people lose their virginty at 15 and alot of girls have 2 kids by 19. not to metion 20 year old men dating 15 year old, and i have so many friends who have been raped going to party's. try leipers fork it is much nicer town..

Old 03-27-2008, 03:09 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,039,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl999 View Post
okay i'm a teenager so i know alll about what goes on in fairview.. if you have teenage daughters stay away. most people lose their virginty at 15 and alot of girls have 2 kids by 19. not to metion 20 year old men dating 15 year old, and i have so many friends who have been raped going to party's. try leipers fork it is much nicer town..
On the flip side, if you have teenage sons, Fairview will be Mecca for them!

Old 03-27-2008, 03:31 PM

11 posts, read 41,105 times
Default Such honesty! How refreshing!!

Quote:
Wow countrygirl999, I sure do appreciate your honesty & i agree with you. I am not a teenager. I am a middle-aged professional who has conducted business in Fairview off & on for the past 15 years, so I too, know what goes on there but on a different level. My experience with Fairview has been that it shows significant signs of political corruption & being as small as it is, that makes it extremely disturbing & difficult. They claim to only want to remain the "quaint little old-fashioned town", and do quite well at it since business ventures (and I'm referring to upstanding business) are subject to a very selective vote by a panel of very close friends & family members. Discriminating is a more decriptive word. They are not at all receptive to African-Americans or diverse cultures. I am as white as bleached grits & as down-to-earth as one can be, so I physically fit in, but I would never agree to the backwoods mentality that Fairview maintains.

Unfortunately, Fairview has also had to attempt to shed a very nasty reputation from many years back when it was rumored to be one of the most "incestuous" areas in TN.

I know a few good folks who live in Fairview, but for the most part, those who have been there all of their life would probably not hesitate to feed me to their hogs if they knew my identity after telling this truth.

I simply feel that it is one of the absolute worst towns outside of Nashville to ever reside in, unless you were born there. Not a good choice for relocation.

Last edited by wiseroption; 03-27-2008 at 04:20 PM..

Old 04-12-2008, 07:28 PM

2 posts, read 4,784 times
i never meant to hurt anyone feelings but its the truth.. there is so much drama in that town, i'm from leipers fork, i'm sure there are good people in that town but i just would stay away if you have daughters =]

Old 05-22-2009, 09:40 AM

8 posts, read 25,496 times
Quote:
There is nothing in Leiper's Fork. If that is what you are going for then go for it but if you want to see something other than a farmer or farm animal, look elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville