Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2009, 12:39 PM

35 posts, read 245,073 times

Advertisements

I finally found a place in Clarksville that will allow my 3 big dogs (yay! It's got a huge yard too!) and since we'll be in a real city, I'm wanting to do some things with the dogs that aren't possible in our current residence of Cow Town. So, Clarksville dwellers:

1) Is there a place in the Clarksville area that has agility equipment? (That's the course you see on dog shows with jumps, ladders, tunnels, etc.) I know of some in Nashville but I'd prefer not to drive that far. If any of my dogs show interest I will make my own, but I don't want to have to spend money on something that won't be used, so...

2) Is there a place in Clarksville (or even Nashville) that you know of that has flyball equipment? It's a long shot but I figured I'd ask.

3) How's the dog park in Clarksville?

4) Anyone know of a place I can get my dogs enrolled in CGC classes? Any idea of cost?

And finally,

5) Any recommendations on a really good animal behaviorist or trainer with experience in dealing with dogs with problems such as resource guarding? One of my rescues still has some issues...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 01:13 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,211,854 times
There's a Nashville flyball team, so I'm sure someone there could direct you to where to buy equipment if there is a place locally.

Welcome to Clarksville; my hometown.

Old 07-12-2009, 02:40 PM

204 posts, read 876,488 times
Arrowette, welcome to our great city. I am sure that you will find this a great place to live.

The fairgrounds had a great park, however it has been closed for the coming marina.

Clarksville
  • [SIZE=2]Clarksville Bark Park. This is an outstanding place to "unleash" that wild thang, your doggypoo. Over two acres of wide open running and doggy socializing. Separate fencing for small and large breeds. Birdie and Bogie, my infamous twin Brittanys race straight for the car, when I say..."..Want to go to the Bark Park?". They like it better than a hot dog vendor at a Frisbee throwin' contest! Your dog will have a ball at this well maintained doggy playground, its like MilkBones from Heaven. [SIZE=2]Check for Rules and Regulations for safe and enjoyable visits with your best friend. No aggressive dogs allowed. Potty bags and receptacles provided. Please bring water for your furry buddy as there is no water available at the park just yet (as of 5/06). A human/doggie water fountain combo that has a bowl at ground level for dogs costs $1,500. Anyone who would like to make a donation toward that purchase, or if you want to obtain more information about BARK PARK you may contact Clarksville Parks and Recreation Department, 931.645.7476. [/SIZE]Location: City of Clarksville Fairgrounds-Community Park. Directions: At the rear of the Fairgrounds near the playground located on Hwy 47 at Riverside Drive intersection. (Thank you [SIZE=2]Kathryn Crissey)[/SIZE] [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=2]Fairgrounds Bark Park. 2 acres off-leash dog park. Hours are sunrise to sunset. Location: Hwy 48-13 in the Clarksville Fairgrounds. Directions: Take Hyw 48-13 South to Clarksville Fairgrounds. Bark Park is in the Southern End nearest the Zinc Plant Rd Bridge. (Thank you Jennifer Byard)[/SIZE]
As for flyball, we have the Droolin' Dragsters: Clarksville Canine Sports Association
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville