Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 01:21 PM

3 posts, read 6,534 times

Advertisements

My husband and daughter and I are moving to the Nashville area as soon as we find a home- can't wait! We have a 16 month old who we are not vaccinating at this time. We will not have any family in the area and I would love to find a mother's day out or preschool that she could attend once or twice a week so I can get some things done. Does anyone know of a good facility who would be welcoming to us even though we are different? We currently live in Memphis and have not found anything here. We see Nashville as more progressive and hope to find other like minded folks who would be accepting of our decision not to vaccinate our children. Thanks for any imput!

Old 08-04-2009, 02:32 PM

627 posts, read 1,846,575 times
Vaccinate your kid. Sheesh.

Old 08-04-2009, 02:39 PM

282 posts, read 806,987 times
I would imagine that you will have difficulties with most major, established, day cares.

I would suggest you attempt to find either a nanny/baby-sitter or possibly a small operation which someone runs out of their home.

Good luck!

Old 08-04-2009, 03:29 PM

2,428 posts, read 5,547,052 times
I'll say it. I hope I don't get banned.

You are an ignorant fool. I almost died because someone decided not to vaccinate their 2 year old and then let them roam the park with pertussis and I was an adult when I caught it.

No one has ever died of autism they have of pertussis, measles, rubella etc.

Vaccinate your child.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:44 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,960,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
I'll say it. I hope I don't get banned.

You are an ignorant fool. I almost died because someone decided not to vaccinate their 2 year old and then let them roam the park with pertussis and I was an adult when I caught it.

No one has ever died of autism they have of pertussis, measles, rubella etc.

Vaccinate your child.
WOW! That's scary! How did you find out that's where it came from?
It's strange, but I have never heard of this delayed vax and not vaccinating a child at all until a couple of days ago when it was mentioned on another thread on here. It made me curious enough to look it up. Kids can be carriers of so many things. While some parents may believe they are protecting their child, I wonder if they realize how it can affect others?

When I was raising my daughter (she's 27 now) you didn't have a choice. You just did it without question.

Old 08-04-2009, 04:26 PM

2,428 posts, read 5,547,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim918 View Post
WOW! That's scary! How did you find out that's where it came from?
It's strange, but I have never heard of this delayed vax and not vaccinating a child at all until a couple of days ago when it was mentioned on another thread on here. It made me curious enough to look it up. Kids can be carriers of so many things. While some parents may believe they are protecting their child, I wonder if they realize how it can affect others?

When I was raising my daughter (she's 27 now) you didn't have a choice. You just did it without question.
the public health department was kind enough to issue a warning.

Old 08-04-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
the public health department was kind enough to issue a warning.
Well glad all turned out okay for you. I caught chicken pox as an adult. I never had them and my daughter caught them back in the early 80's. It was rough having them then. I was told you could actually catch those more than once if you only had a mild case. I believe there is a vaccine for it now though.

Old 08-04-2009, 04:58 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,632,725 times
Wow, pretty rough treatment. We don't even know WHY she chose not to vaccinate. Kids who have had chemo or radiation therapy generally can't tolerate the live viruses found in most vaccines, and have to delay. Would you tell the mother of a cancer patient to "stay away from Nashville?"

Yes, I realize that's not the case here. I just think it's sad some felt comfortable bashing her without knowing her motivation.

Old 08-04-2009, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
Wow, pretty rough treatment. We don't even know WHY she chose not to vaccinate. Kids who have had chemo or radiation therapy generally can't tolerate the live viruses found in most vaccines, and have to delay. Would you tell the mother of a cancer patient to "stay away from Nashville?"

Yes, I realize that's not the case here. I just think it's sad some felt comfortable bashing her without knowing her motivation.
Well I hope I didn't come across that way. This "choice" of whether to vaccinate or not is new to me. I never heard of it before. Your explanation of childhood cancer makes total sense, just not familiar with it otherwise.

Old 08-04-2009, 05:32 PM

627 posts, read 1,846,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post

Somebody with a medical reason for not vaccinating their children would say so. This person said they are choosing to be different. From this I can fully deduce that they are doing this not for medical reasons, but for personal ones. I believe that they are making a ridiculously bad decision and putting their child's life in danger.

Anyway, no licensed daycare will let an unvaccinated child in even for a day or two per week. The liability is just too high. The route recommended where they seek out a nanny is probably the only way this child will have any sort of daycare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville