Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 08:53 PM

6 posts, read 40,262 times

Advertisements

Thanks, oakland2nashville! Honestly, that's not too long of a list and it certainly doesn't sway me away from putting East Nashville on the top of my list of places to check out. The majority of opinions I've received about the area have been positive, while some of the disparaging comments have had more to do with race and income than the community itself. I just ignore the latter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2009, 11:18 AM

144 posts, read 465,768 times
Whoa Oakland2Nashillve, I think you need to revisit Cleveland Park. It's come a long way. I just helped a young college grad with a very protective father buy a house there. It passed his test, so I'm sure it would pass a lot of other people's. I think it's even been called "quaint" on other parts of the board. You should definitely give it a second chance. And McFerrin Park isn't far behind.

Old 12-02-2009, 02:27 PM

933 posts, read 2,742,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Bell View Post
Whoa Oakland2Nashillve, I think you need to revisit Cleveland Park. It's come a long way. I just helped a young college grad with a very protective father buy a house there. It passed his test, so I'm sure it would pass a lot of other people's. I think it's even been called "quaint" on other parts of the board. You should definitely give it a second chance. And McFerrin Park isn't far behind.
Agreed. There's still a bit more crime there than on the east side of Gallatin Rd, but really has come a long way. The fact that they have such strong neighborhood associations and the recent recall of a council member (who wasn't attentive to her constituents needs) is a good sign it will only become a even better area to live in.

Last edited by yank283; 12-02-2009 at 02:53 PM..

Old 12-03-2009, 10:55 PM

215 posts, read 682,085 times
Northeast Nashville where the rest of zip code 37207 is at is quickly becoming really good as well such as Fern Avenue where those new loft like houses were built and another future hip neighborhood would be the Parkwood neighborhood where Ewing Drive is at although it will take some time with that one too.

However the Bellshire neighborhood on the other hand already is really nice with beautiful homes and plenty of retail coming when Skyline Commons is finished and low crime but it's kind of far from downtown though if you work over there depending on where you live it's anywhere from 14-20 minutes from downtown but close to Madison and Goodlettsville.

Old 08-26-2010, 10:23 PM

2 posts, read 11,149 times
How is the area around Norris Lake?

Old 08-27-2010, 05:36 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingforahome10 View Post
How is the area around Norris Lake?
Norris Lake is just north of Knoxville. You should post this on that forum.

Old 08-27-2010, 07:42 AM

286 posts, read 699,662 times
It depends on your definition of hip...

If you like tattoos and hipsters and don't have a college degree, then check out East Nashville.

If you don't like those things and have some semblance of a real job, then your best bet is to live in Hillsboro Village/Belmont Area.

Unless you have a pressing reason to live in East--i.e., you're buying a house or you like to wax philosophic about indie music and PBR with other unemployed "musicians" at 11am on a workday--then you're better off not living there.

Old 08-27-2010, 01:15 PM

1,036 posts, read 2,835,486 times
Wow, somebody doesn't spend much time on the East Side.

There are literally people from all walks of life in East Nashville & that's one of the things that I love about my neighborhood so much.

There are tons of artists & musicians over here, I'll give you that. Certainly a tattooed hipster would fit in just fine, but there are also TONS of young professionals & families living over here as well.

Courtney

Old 08-27-2010, 07:13 PM

933 posts, read 2,742,776 times
haarrr haarrr...what was I thinking moving to East Nashville with a college degree?...my wife has her masters degree...and neither one of us has a tattoo...spoken like a true elitist westie, mcredux...one of the many reasons we moved to East Nashville...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville