Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2010, 07:02 PM

21 posts, read 51,763 times

Advertisements

I currently live at 865 Bellevue. Yeah, I know. They sucked me in 2 years ago with their shiny upgrades. Coming from the "ghetto" (Antioch), how could I not be taken in? Despite the major increase in rent I also thought the area was better. Turns out, IT'S SO BORING HERE! I feel miles away from everything. Yes, I'm close to the parks & Green Hills isn't too far or Nashville West. And I do feel it's safer. But I'm ready to be somewhere a little cheaper & maybe a little closer to where I work. It's in the Harding/Nolensville Rd area. Not really an area I'd want to live, though.

I've started leaning more toward the Brentwood area--or should I say the pseudo-Brentwood area. And, as congested as it may be, being in the Cool Springs area would be much more to my liking now.

I'd like to spend less than the $879 I'm currently paying for a 2 bedroom 1.5 bath. I would LOVE a townhome or even a rental home, but don't really foresee finding anything affordable in the areas I want. Smyrna is highly affordable, but I do not want to spend hours of my day traversing I-24 to & from work. It gives me hives just thinking about it.

I've never been north of Nashville, other than passing by as I drive to Ohio. I was in Madison once before I first moved down here & that seems to have tainted the entire north end for me. Plus, I'd rather have something to the south so I don't have to commute around downtown.

Most of my angst comes from being tired of renting, but buying is an option as I might possibly be moving out of state in a year or 2.

ANY advice--even if you tell me to quit whining & move back to Ohio already--would be greatly appreciated. I have until mid-February to give my notice. I really hate the thought of packing & moving again, but I'm so done with this place! HELP!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2010, 09:49 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,730,610 times
There are a couple of gated complexes on Edmondson Pike at Nipper's Corner. Keystone Farms is one:
2 Bed 2 Bath Apt Keystone Farm Apartments
I can't think of the name of the other but it is just a little north and on the opposite side of the street from Keystone.
I have been inside apartments in both complexes and they were both nice (although it has been 5-6 years since I have been in them, so take that with a grain of salt.)
There are also several non-gated complexes at Nipper's Corner. The area right at OHB & Edmondson is nice. I wouldn't go north of Ellington Ag Center.

Views of Brentwood are right at I-65 & OHB. You turn right by the Shoney's & the apartments are up the hill:
Welcome (http://www.bpiresidential.com/ViewsofBrentwood/default.aspx - broken link)

Woodmont Terrace is in Green Hills, but on the side closer to your work. It's close to where Woodmont crosses 1-65.
Woodmont Terrace Apartments, apartments and townhomes

I don't think any of these will be less than you are paying now- Woodmont Terrace would probably be more. But the two at Nipper's Corner are comparable & would be much closer to your work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville