Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 04:26 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,164,508 times

Advertisements

Too many trips to the "Country Bear Jamboree" made him think bears are more "personable" than in real life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2018, 05:19 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,640,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
That was horrible. Why did I watch it???

Couldn't they have driven the SUV over and hit the bear so that the guy could climb in or SOMETHING???

Also, every cynic here who posted mean snarky comments needs to take a step back and re-evaluate.
What's there to evaluate? The man did a stupid thing which cost him his life. He should have used common sense.

Old 05-07-2018, 05:31 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
What's there to evaluate? The man did a stupid thing which cost him his life. He should have used common sense.
Classy.

You just watched a guy get tortured to death by a bear, and all you want to do is add insults.

Yep, keep piling on. Has nothing to do with "nature," but it sure feels good to cluck your tongue at "some idiot" from the safety of your recliner, doesn't it?

Old 05-07-2018, 05:32 PM

17,581 posts, read 13,355,792 times
Stupid is as stupid does!

Old 05-07-2018, 06:11 PM

2,269 posts, read 3,801,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe View Post
I wouldn't have tried to help if I was there, distract an angry, large bear weighing several hundred pounds with big razor-like claws who is furious at small humans? To defend an idiot who deliberately provoked the attack?

Be my guest heroes.
I agree. This was no accident, his stupidity put him in danger. You go up there poking the bear with a stick, and soon the bear is biting a chunk out of your skull. If the bear decides that you are now the problem, you are dead. It's not like you can outrun him.

Old 05-07-2018, 06:13 PM

3,133 posts, read 2,258,290 times
I was recently told by an employee of a local college here that they were forced to remove a 10’ gator from one of its small lakes. Why, you may ask? Well, it seems the college students decided to start taking selfies with this gator, who because he was regularly fed by the aforementioned college students displayed no fear of humans. Rather than risk a huge lawsuit when the inevitable gator attack happened, the college decided to have the gator removed. Down here that is a PC term for having it killed.

Nobody said you had to have brains to go to college.

Old 05-07-2018, 07:50 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herodotus View Post
I agree. This was no accident, his stupidity put him in danger. You go up there poking the bear with a stick, and soon the bear is biting a chunk out of your skull. If the bear decides that you are now the problem, you are dead. It's not like you can outrun him.
I agree, it doesn't get more stupid than this. Not only that, but he thought it would be fun to take advantage of an animal that was hurt by walking up to it and poking it with a stick and stressing it out more than it already was. Sorry, I find it really hard to have sympathy for this guy.

Old 05-07-2018, 10:04 PM

3,319 posts, read 1,818,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
That was horrible. Why did I watch it???

Couldn't they have driven the SUV over and hit the bear so that the guy could climb in or SOMETHING???

Also, every cynic here who posted mean snarky comments needs to take a step back and re-evaluate.
Um, actually they don't.
The man was, as they say in Ireland, an eejit!

Evaluate THAT.

Old 05-07-2018, 11:55 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,670,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
I just can't believe that no one tried to help him. They were near a forest and could have gotten branches and trunks to beat that bear off. Instead, all they did was stand around yelling. At least the dog tried to help.
I hear what you're saying, but what exactly were they supposed to do?

Unless someone had a fully loaded 12 gauge shotgun I'm not sure what actually anyone could accomplish there without putting their own lives in jeopardy.

I mean I'm sorry the guy's dead....but Darwin Award recipient he obviously was.

Who the heck takes a selfie with a bear?

Old 05-08-2018, 08:06 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,554,821 times
Probably approaching an INJURED bear is worse than approaching a healthy bear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature