Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 02:23 PM

79 posts, read 205,671 times

Advertisements

I can remember sitting on my horse on top of a huge sandhill down around the Elsmere area years and years ago. Thought I was on top of the world. Found a hidden colony of Black Footed Ferrets once and never told a soul until now. Even managed to spot a prairie wolf, yes Virginia they still live! But probably only in the Sandhills of Nebraska. That was a little more than 40 years ago but it still one of my favorite memories. Could take all day to check the west pasture sometimes but it was a pleasure to do that. Stop at a windmill tank and take a skinny dip, get a drink of aquifer water from the spout so cold it made your teeth hurt. Watch a family of coyotes play in a blowout thinking they were unseen. Now, those are memories of a lifetime and I thank God for allowing me to partake in such wonders. Days such as those made the winters seem mild while pitching hay to cattle in a blizzard from the stack on the underslung.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska