Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 10:24 PM

Location: My heart is in Wyoming, my body is soon to follow.....
745 posts, read 4,064,789 times

Advertisements

With age comes the ability to laugh at oneself. I understand this and I'm only 32!

Old 06-19-2007, 11:10 PM

1,181 posts, read 4,009,478 times
Racechick,

Ok. I lied...one more post.

No, I don't want you to use a politically correct term. You are a christian..I was just disagreeing with your contention that Catholics are not christians.

I'm not being overly sensitive and I'm not offended at all by what you're saying. Like I said, I'm not catholic. My point is that saying catholics aren't christian isn't true and is pretty offensive to someone who is catholic. I would think that you'd get pretty fired up if someone told you that you weren't christian...and rightfully so.

To be fair, I've had this same discussion (or argument) with a few catholics who think they are christians and that methodists, lutherans, and baptists are NOT christian. I'm not saying the religions are the same...they're not. There are definitely differences. I'm just saying you all are christian, meaning you both think Jesus is your savior. Its like a Toyota Camry and a Ford Mustang...they're clearly different, but they are still both cars.

Old 06-20-2007, 04:51 AM

20 posts, read 113,309 times
I know I said I was done with this thread, and I am done with the topic. I just wanted to point out that not only does racechick not understand what mattpoulsen so eloquently stated above, but she left me a negative repuations comment for daring to call attention to her comment.

Now I'm done.

Old 07-05-2007, 08:05 PM

4 posts, read 45,706 times
Smile Atheists

Nicely put Earniefan. Zook, you should move to California. Plenty of atheists out here. Maybe you would be happier. I'm proud Nebraskan's are religious, however as Christians, we are to witness for God, so give God a chance o.k? I know He has kept me safe and has answered so many prayers for things to turn out better. Love you Zook. Please take care.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:27 PM

292 posts, read 933,793 times
I thought I was also done posting on this topic but here I go again...
I was raised as a Catholic. I am here to tell you that there are christians in every religion. however, being a part of a certain religion or going to a certain church does not make one a christian. Though I did leave the Catholic church in order to pursue the path that God has for me, I was taught not to judge those who still remained. I do not know the path that God has for them and it may be to stay. My parents were strong catholics AND christians and being in the Catholic church was where the Lord had them.
Only God can judge the heart. Who believes and who does not. In the end it will be known by all I feel, as to where you will end up.
In the meantime, I myself am living my life, going to church sometimes and sometimes not, but doing what I feel I am supposed to do.
The bible says we must all work our own salvations out in fear and trembling. Only God knows why we do the things that we do. He knows us better then we know ourselves.
If I have said anything in my posts that offended anyone please forgive me. I would never intentionally do that!
What I always say to people doubting things, go ask the Lord yourself! If you don't think you will get an answer, think again!

Old 07-26-2007, 11:17 AM
mjm

19 posts, read 53,143 times
You know I have no problem at all with most of the people being christian. What I do have a problem with is the judgmental, high-and-mighty attitude that comes with it. There is much religous prejudice here. I don't think anyone should not be proud of what they believe in and live by, but I don't think that anyone should judge me because my beliefs aren't the same as yours either. The problem with Nebraskans isn't religion or politics, its hypocrisy. Religion is very personal and should stay that way. That's to ALL of you.

Old 07-26-2007, 12:40 PM

482 posts, read 2,225,418 times
mjm,

And please tell us exactly who you are? As for me I do not pretend to be something that I am not. I am also a Nebraskan. I also agree with you that religion is a very personal thing and needs to stay that way. I am also a Christian, but one who has also read many parts of the Islamic Qur'an as well. Have you? Have you gone to a Muslim Mosque lately? I have been to one that is reported to be a Taliban Mosque. I spent time visiting and talking to the ones who were there. I showed them respect and they showed me respect back for being a believer in God in my religion. To me I don't care what you believe in you can be a Buddist a Hindu, or a Muslim. The one thing that they all have in common is that they all believe in the fact that there is a surpreme being that they call God by different names. Just in case you might want to read some of the Qur'an here is the link that I have been reading it on.

USC-MSA Compendium of Muslim Texts

Old 07-26-2007, 06:39 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,432,349 times
Take your discussion to the Religion forum. Your Mod can again do as she wishes when she returns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska