Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 04:13 PM

14 posts, read 42,666 times

Advertisements

We live in Temple, NH (next to Peterborough) and we're having a wood stove installed in the next few weeks. Does anyone know where we can get a cord of wood that could be delivered?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 08:42 PM

3,034 posts, read 9,135,202 times
check with the stove company - they may have local dealer info.

also see: NH Firewood

and: Quality New Hampshire Firewood promptly delivered to large local delivery area at reasonable rates

and: http://treehuggerfarms.com/

just a note to say that usually more than one cord must be purchased for delivery.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:44 PM

885 posts, read 2,660,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killiansmommy View Post
We live in Temple, NH (next to Peterborough) and we're having a wood stove installed in the next few weeks. Does anyone know where we can get a cord of wood that could be delivered?

Thanks!
Try craigslist. Ask around for current pricing. Get seasoned wood for less spitting and smoke. Get hardwood for burn time. Expect to pay more for de-barked, or let it sit a year and the bark will just fall off.

Old 07-15-2010, 05:19 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
A friend of mine bought split green firewood and stacked it in a plastic green house in the spring and summer. The wood dried in less than a month because the vent was arranged to keep the place with very low humidity. Green wood is a lot cheaper than dried.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:03 AM

371 posts, read 1,161,422 times
Quote:

Thanks!
Craigslist is your best bet or just drive around the area and look for signs on peoples lawns - cordwood is easy to find in NH

Old 07-15-2010, 10:37 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
I am too far in Tamworth, but am curious as to 1 cord? Up in hard winter that's around 2 weeks worth of wood if wood is used full time, in a smaller house.

Look around when out driving. See who has a lot of wood stacked up and ask who they got it from. Look more for places that have slab woods, and lumber companies that mill wood, which often have discounted you come and get it wood.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:28 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
You might also check with the state forestry service to see if they have wood for sale from routine forest maint. .

It is important to both purchase and use your firewood locally to decrease the spread of insect pests.

Old 07-15-2010, 04:22 PM

1,771 posts, read 5,064,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I am too far in Tamworth, but am curious as to 1 cord? Up in hard winter that's around 2 weeks worth of wood if wood is used full time, in a smaller house.
Mac- just a heads up; our neighbor burned 2 cords of wood this year and cut his oil usage by over 70% as a result. My guess is the OP is looking for just some supplemental heating or for "emergency" use.

That said, on a related note- are there any "good" installers for a chimney & wood stove in the greater Nashua area?

Old 07-16-2010, 07:08 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Can't really help in the Nashua area, but I know how to set up a wood stove, with double ot triple wall pipe if that is what will be the pipe. Depending on what IS the roofing I know about that too. It is a fair distance from here to there so I doubt a plan would work, unless this is one of them 5 million dollar houses.

I guess cutting down on burning oil is good. Where i rent there is no wood stove in the house and more or less can't or won't be. But the metal shop has one and that's all it has.

Other places i rented had wood stoves i installed and i have for some friends as well. One of them I had to re-use the same shingles over again which was a trick. It worked. That stove was heavy, but the old pool table slate under it worse. Even cut to be the size requested that slate was some heavy mista. I made a stone peace pipe from a small scrap as a souvenier, a green color slate, which off sets my catlinite pipes nicely. I am sure everyone wants to know this too.

Old 10-18-2015, 08:21 AM

1 posts, read 2,157 times
Quote:

Thanks!
Can you tell me what company you used in the end. We are just about to move to Temple, NH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire