Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 06:23 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,774,235 times

Advertisements

Unfortunately, our 'government' and various do-gooder groups (who actually make tidy profits billing our 'government' for 'humanitarian' work), have targeted New England for destruction. The articles below are only a sampling.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/26/us...SpP8q3jj7WrNpw

In Lewiston, Maine, Somalis Keep Coming | VDARE.com (and just in case you don't know what that means, in terms of "enriching" the culture of the town: Female genital mutilation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Somalia's rate of FGM is 98%, and girls are sometimes sent back to 'home' to be mutilated. Happens over here, too Female Circumcision Comes to America - Magazine - The Atlantic )

My daughters assault: My 12 year old daughter brutally attacked by refugee boys at school (http://mydaughtersassault.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-12-year-old-daughter-attacked-by-14.html - broken link)
You'll notice that the boys had been brought over by do-gooders from Kenya and Ethiopia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 08:54 PM

278 posts, read 1,064,120 times
We moved to New England from Texas (first MA, and finally-at last!!--New Hampshire), and I completely understand what you mean! It sounds like you understand that there are cultural differences that take time to acclimate to...people are a bit more reserved. I find this to be a good thing! Once you have survived the "vetting process", you will find yourself embraced by the most awesome and real people in America. We love it here. Love the four seasons...and in 5 years, I've yet to see a single roach/palmetto bug! Start saving & get up here, you won't regret it! Good luck!

Old 12-06-2011, 08:12 AM

87 posts, read 277,783 times
GrandviewGloria - Your links are an eye opener.

I am speechless after reading the last article (My daughters assault: My 12 year old daughter brutally attacked by refugee boys at school (http://mydaughtersassault.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-12-year-old-daughter-attacked-by-14.html - broken link))

WOW.. Where is Justice? I mean this is not even high school. A little middle school girl attacked by couple of kids from Africa (for whatever reason..) this is bullying.. in Manchester, NH of all the places...

I am all for helping people etc.. but this is insane. So the public schools in NH or anywhere for that matter is a mess. Maybe it is wise to live in a state with low property tax and send kids to private school.. At least the principal will somewhat feel accountable.. coz you actually ...huh PAY for the school...

This link is old news but I hope the girl and her parents are ok.. This is a nightmare for any parent..

Old 12-06-2011, 09:13 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
OP- Have you checked out NH yet?

Old 12-06-2011, 10:54 AM

3,734 posts, read 5,774,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by offmove View Post
GrandviewGloria - Your links are an eye opener.

I am speechless after reading the last article (My daughters assault: My 12 year old daughter brutally attacked by refugee boys at school (http://mydaughtersassault.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-12-year-old-daughter-attacked-by-14.html - broken link))

WOW.. Where is Justice? I mean this is not even high school. A little middle school girl attacked by couple of kids from Africa (for whatever reason..) this is bullying.. in Manchester, NH of all the places...

I am all for helping people etc.. but this is insane. So the public schools in NH or anywhere for that matter is a mess. Maybe it is wise to live in a state with low property tax and send kids to private school.. At least the principal will somewhat feel accountable.. coz you actually ...huh PAY for the school...

This link is old news but I hope the girl and her parents are ok.. This is a nightmare for any parent..
That last link is old news (at least I can't find current news on how this was resolved....which, I hope, means the Girl's family received a generous settlement, but with the usual nondisclosure clause(s)). But stories like that one are popping up all the time. And hers was hardly the first.

Have you heard of Lizzie Seeberg, the beautiful, kind, generous Notre Dame student who committed suicide after Notre Dame 'authorities' grossly mishandled her report of an alleged sexual assault against her by a 'Football Standout' whose parents had come here from the Congo? Lizzy Seeberg's Family Feels Rejected by Notre Dame as Football Star Is Not Charged Other articles detail how gung-ho her extended family was for Notre Dame. This school boosterism had been going on for GENERATIONS. The school owed much to this family. The school's gratitude? Zilch, apparently. And that seems to be the attitude with the school system where that 12-year-old was attacked by the 'refugee' boys. "These new people are EVERYTHING to us. You Old Stock Americans are NOTHING to us. You're not even worth calling the ambulance for, when it's obvious you've received severe Head Trauma and your teeth have been knocked out."

Well anyway, notice in the linked article on Lizzie Seeberg, that this 'Football Hero' had, prior to college, apparently, terrorized his fellow students for years, with parents pleading for something to be done about him. I mean, "...threw a little girl across the classroom like a wadded-up piece of paper..." sounds like actionable behavior to me. Apparently, though, he had to throw a desk at a teacher, before school 'authorities' would do anything. And notice that it only takes one such student in a classroom to severely impact the educational experience of many others.

And what happened to that poor 12-year-old went, IMHO, waaaaaay beyond bullying. Sexual Harassment, and sustained threats of maiming, followed by Aggravated Assault? That's not 'bullying'. I was bullied. 'Bullied' is being called names, being pushed and shoved, having your books knocked out of your arms, and being hit on the arm. What those boys allegedly did to their victim surely should have landed them in Prison. And has the word 'Deportation' suddenly evaporated from our legal codes?

The first duty of our government and our institutions is to safeguard US: to positively impact the well-being of the people who for generations have paid the taxes, driven the Economy, sent their beautiful sons off to die in all those wars. I'm seeing the opposite of that, in the actions of our governments and churches.

As a Southerner, I grew up regarding New England as the pinnacle of societal perfection. We (at least those of us who were aware of a world beyond the next county) were in awe of New England. The region was spoken of in reverential tones. In 'Fashionable Northeast Jackson', where we landed after college, New England was treated as some sort of Holy Land...where people were better than us: sensible; rational; honest; actually kind...the standard to which the rest of us should aspire.

In terms of aesthetics the really savvy Mississippians had their architects copy 'New England precedents'...which those in the know regarded as being far superior to Colonial Williamsburg. A doorway copied from a Yankee Merchant's house in Connecticut was better than one copied from a Manor House in Virginia. The Nathaniel Russell house was the 'best house on Charleston', "Because it was built by New Englanders, you know...You can see the difference, can't you?" It is very telling that the $24,000,000.00 Martha's Vineyard vacation home where 'Our' president vacationed, is owned by a classic Fashionable Northeast Jackson Mississippi couple. (Their current Jackson home is a few blocks from our first, 'real home', a fixer-upper we bought when we stopped being live-in Landlords in our collection of apartment buildings (We sold our residential rental buildings over a decade back)).

As a penniless Indian girl, new on campus, I was taken under the collective wing of a group of aristocratic (but also poor) white girls, who confirmed my early instincts (gleaned from the New Yorker) regarding personal presentation: "We don't paint ourselves up like hookers, like other Southern girls do. We're going to get out of here, and marry smart Northern men with good degrees. Try to imagine you went to a boarding school in New England. Think plain and highly-structured." (even Southern Aristocrats were mostly too poor for those boarding schools, so generations of these women carefully assimilated every scrap of knowledge they could glean from that magic land at the Northeast corner of our nation. In the rare event someone had enough money to actually go 'up there', every detail and nuance of New England was remembered and shared). (None of those girls who mentored me made it out of Mississippi, BTW, until they got rich enough to buy their way out. It takes big bucks to move your life across the continent.)

When something is the best, a wise person does not set out to change it. Deliberately importing extreme non-New-Englanders to that fragile place, to me, is only two steps short of genocide.

So, why should this precious place be inundated with people who have no appreciation for it? (well...other than its generous Welfare payments...) Why should people who have demonstrated no likelihood for coming to be sustainers of the region's unique and admirable culture be brought there?

There's a huge difference between choosing a place, because you feel you belong there (as does the OP), and being imported by some organization.

We considered New England, when we'd outgrown Mississippi, but decided that our presence would dilute the precious and fragile culture and genome of the place. We're flashy, plus DH and I are both from odd Native American/Hebrew racial amalgams. And I'm half-Sicilian (in our case, apparently a Phoenician/Hebrew/Roman/Indigenous mix). I have a Sicilian 'uncle' who has a few pet Chickens on his estate. He points out his pair of Sicilian Buttercups, who despite being small, absolutely rule the roost. "You and me, Gloria. We're like the Buttercups. We can't help but take over." Why should DH and I, an extreme Alpha Pair with three Alpha kids, have done that to a New England community? We simply would not have belonged there. We would change our surroundings, in a place whose course of evolution should not be disturbed. Pity more people (and organizations) don't think that way.

Oh, and I think that if you pick a place with NO PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION, and NO GROUPS OF 'RESETTLED' 'REFUGEES', you'll be OK. It's still the best region in the nation, for those who actually belong there.

Last edited by GrandviewGloria; 12-06-2011 at 11:41 AM..

Old 08-03-2012, 07:28 AM

42 posts, read 89,563 times
Thank you everyone for replying. I am the OP...and I am sorry to say that my family and I have not yet moved to NE. We did take a vacation up there...beautiful but way too quick of a trip to make any kind of decision. Unfortunately, we had to make some sort of decision because we had another baby...which led to us buying a house in Florida, where we have lived for a few years. This was solely based on the fact that our immediate family lives down here. I am completely devastated though and feel totally trapped...I absolutely hate living in Florida. :-( I really hope that someday (soon) we can get out of here and make the move to NE!

Old 08-03-2012, 09:33 AM

18 posts, read 31,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnlove07 View Post
Thanks for all the replies!

So is it really as beautiful as I am dreaming it to be?
It definitely is!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire