Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 07:22 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,949,596 times

Advertisements

You must be thinking of The Homestead. I've only been there once, food was good but I thought overpriced.

Second on Mr. Steer! And we're getting a specialty food building, fish market, etc pretty soon too. Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Shorty's in Nashua and on Rt 3 NE of Manchester for Mexican food. The old tavern on the NE corner of Crossroads Rt 102 & Rt 128 in Londonderry has very good food and a wonderful atmosphere. Just a little too pricy for my budget but perfect for special occasions. (Val C - what is the name of that place - Crossroads Tavern?)

BTW - Mr. Steak on Rt 102 in Londonderry has just about the best grilling meat in the area. Mack's apples for fresh fruit and local produce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2007, 11:11 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Add the Bakery in Greenville, NH on Rt 45 or Rt 123 about 10 miles south of Peterborough.. Good breakfast and wonderful pastry. We drove the really back roads (you know the roads where the guard rails have bark on them) from Nashua just for the ride on Sunday. Leaf peeping was wonderful and food great.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:33 PM

758 posts, read 2,889,700 times
Ocean 931 in Hampton at 1A and rt 27. I have taken everyone there who has visited out of town and most claim it's the best meal they have ever had. I think it everytime I go there. The menu changes constantly too.

Old 10-15-2007, 03:26 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,726,524 times
For real southern B-B-Que you have got to try City Flame in
Manchester on Chestnut Street across from the Fire Dept.
The owner went to Memphis to learn how to do it and boy
did they teach him. I am from there and it is as good as any
I have had. The pulled pork sandwich is divine with cole slaw
and add your own sauce. The pork is served dry and not
swimming in sauce to hide the fat. My sandwich did not have
a bit of fat in it and must have weighed almost a pound.
The firemen have been keeping it secret from us.

Carrie

Old 10-17-2007, 04:00 PM

108 posts, read 413,123 times
Johnson's Seafood and Dairy Bar in New Durham has the best steak tips and the best lobster pie...tons of lobster. Yummo..oh, and the best ice cream too..Richardson's.

Old 10-17-2007, 04:37 PM

885 posts, read 2,661,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
For real southern B-B-Que you have got to try City Flame in
Manchester on Chestnut Street across from the Fire Dept.
The owner went to Memphis to learn how to do it and boy
did they teach him. I am from there and it is as good as any
I have had. The pulled pork sandwich is divine with cole slaw
and add your own sauce. The pork is served dry and not
swimming in sauce to hide the fat. My sandwich did not have
a bit of fat in it and must have weighed almost a pound.
The firemen have been keeping it secret from us.

Carrie
Or Muddy River Smokehouse in Portsmouth. Bloody marvelous BBQ, heaps of food, and a great selection of draft brews too - including all the local NH beers (shame on everyone else who serves 3 Bud lines but no local beer).

Old 10-19-2007, 09:45 AM

758 posts, read 2,889,700 times
Quote:
shame on everyone else who serves 3 Bud lines but no local beer
I cringe anytime I see someone drinking big label beer around here. I haven't touched the stuff since I've moved (unless you consider Sam a big label...which is is, but good and semi-local). The local brew is one of the best parts about living here.

Old 10-28-2007, 04:18 PM

1 posts, read 2,791 times
Default One of the best restaurants

My fiance and I moved to Derry a year ago. I shop at the Hanaford's right on Gilcreast Rd. in Londonderry and drive past Lucianno's Cafe all the time. The parking lot is always full and we finally decided to go and try it for dinner last night. I was so impressed. We started out with an appetizer of calamari. Both of us looked at each other and said the same thing "this is the best calamari I've ever had". Both tentacles and rings were served along with a spicy marinara dipping sauce. For dinner, he had the Seafood Fettucine and I the Lobster Ravioli. Our server warned my fiance that his plate was enormous and he had only seen one person in his time at the restaurant finish it. My fiance is 6' 7" and rarely leaves any leftovers on his plate. Our entrees were served and our waiter could not have been more right...the seafood fetuccine was PILED and I mean piled full of mussels, shrimp, scallops, haddock and he could not finish it. Almost looked like he didn't make a dent!

As for my dish, the lobster ravioli, highly recommend that dish too.

We took home a slice (more like 3 slices in 1) of Tiramisu for dessert. Again, the best we have ever had.

Highly, highly recommend trying Lucianno's Cafe in Londonderry. Exit 4 off of Rt. 93. luciannos.com I believe is their website. Enjoy!

Old 11-25-2007, 01:37 PM

3 posts, read 7,558 times
Master McGrath's in Seabrook. Been going there since 1982. Good beef, good salad bar, and the owner is always there. Great Guinness drafts also.

Old 11-25-2007, 03:48 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,949,596 times
Exclamation Michael Timothy's

If you're in the Nashua area, you owe it to yourself to get to Michael Timothy's for a special lunch, night out without the kids, or a FANTASTIC brunch! Brunch has everything from the usual croissants and muffins to fruit and garden salad, bread pudding, salmon, quiche, roast beef, ham, a dessert tray, and SO MUCH MORE. Not cheap but oh so good!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire