Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 05:01 PM

1 posts, read 2,027 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

My girlfriend and I are moving in together. She has a pitbull, and it seems damn near impossible to find someone to get renter's insurance from.

Also, most places flat-out ban pit bulls and other "mean" dogs, probably due to their stupid insurance companies.

Any advice on renter's insurance, where to live (we're looking at the Seacoast), and how to legally live with a pitbull in NH? We're getting pretty discouraged.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 05:19 PM

9,096 posts, read 6,317,546 times
You may need to rent a house. I don't think any apartment or condo complexes will allow pit bulls or even other large dogs for that matter. Renter's insurance is another whole matter entirely. Insurance companies do not like risk and pit bulls represent significant risk. Sadly my advice would be to give up owning pit bulls until you can maintain home ownership and even then you would still pay a premium for the dog on the homeowner's insurance policy.

Old 08-22-2013, 07:41 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,398,524 times
Why don't you just get rid of the pitbull?

Old 08-22-2013, 07:47 PM

519 posts, read 777,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan's Dad View Post
While I personally would never want to own a pit bull, I would say that most "real" dog owners could never just "get rid" of their pets that easily.

Old 08-22-2013, 07:58 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,698,696 times
Quote:
Why don't you just get ride of your children? Pitbulls are wonderful dogs that have been given an unfair bad reputation. Rules banning pitbulls are like rules banning black people in an apartment.....crazy

Old 08-22-2013, 08:25 PM

9,096 posts, read 6,317,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
Why don't you just get ride of your children? Pitbulls are wonderful dogs that have been given an unfair bad reputation. Rules banning pitbulls are like rules banning black people in an apartment.....crazy
Some children out there are worse than pit bulls.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:07 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,398,524 times
Quote:

This is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen anyone post on this site.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:40 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
While some pitbulls are wonderful dogs, unfortunately many of them aren't due to bad owners and poor breeding. And I've encountered more than a few pitbulls that were very dog-aggressive. Also, when they have it in their mind to attack, they are extremely difficult to calm down. Plus the fact that they are all muscle and have a very damaging bite.

And yeah, you can't compare pitbulls to black people.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:34 PM

10,351 posts, read 8,569,440 times
Quote:
Unfair reputation???
Comparing pit bulls to children?

You've go to be kidding. Here's an example of these wonderful dogs
Only On 7: Owner of pit bull that attacked 10-year-old Antioch boy speak out | abc7news.com
100 stitches, this boy is seriously messed up.
Note how the owners of the dogs says ""I grew to love them, they brought so much joy to my family,"
Note also the owners son was also bitten by the pit bull.
While there are many cases of people having no incidents with pitbull ownership, most dog attacks are pitbulls. People with your point of view and attitude make it hard for pitbull owners to seperate themselves
as responsible owners and come across as selfish owners instead.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:35 AM

4,550 posts, read 11,698,696 times
Quote:
This is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen anyone post on this site.

I doubt that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire