Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2014, 12:13 PM

10 posts, read 21,694 times

Advertisements

I'm probably not going to find an answer to this but are there any decent restaurants for Valentine's Day in the area? I was thinking Common Man. Give me some feedback. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 02:12 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,495,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfriday View Post
I'm probably not going to find an answer to this but are there any decent restaurants for Valentine's Day in the area? I was thinking Common Man. Give me some feedback. Thanks
In Concord I would recommended O Steak and seafood if you want a nice steak dinner or Angelino's if you want Italian. I hear the Granite restaurant is nice too but haven't been there.

Old 02-04-2014, 03:19 PM

139 posts, read 351,582 times
o's and the granite are great but pricey. Angelina's is small and intimate but you better make your reservation now if you can.

Old 02-04-2014, 04:02 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
We have always had excellent food and exemplary service at any of the Common Man restaurants. The restaurant next to the Plymouth exit on I-93 is our favorite.

Old 02-04-2014, 07:10 PM

73 posts, read 119,174 times
I recommend the Granite. It's smaller, quieter and more intimate than O's and the Common Man (which can get noisy when they're full), plus it's more traditional and formal. The food and drinks are excellent. I go there at least once a month and my experiences have all been excellent. The chef is a creative younger guy who's really excited about what he does and comes up with great new ideas all the time; I'm sure he'll pull out the stops on V-Day. Angelina's is another great choice if you're up for Italian. The atmosphere isn't nearly as formal as the Granite, but it's nice. If you're willing to travel 20 minutes out of town, the Colby Hill Inn in Henniker is a lot like the Granite (formal, intimate, quiet, although I prefer the Granite's food). If you're willing to travel 30 minutes out of town, the Crystal Quail in Barnstead (never been) and the Inn at Pleasant Lake in New London (went once, highly recommend) are considered two of the best restaurants north of Boston. Also 30 minutes out of town are the Bedford Village Inn, Lyons Den in Gilford and Rockwell's at the New London Inn. If these restaurants are too expensive (and they're the most expensive in the state), Daniel's in Henniker, Sunny's Tables in Concord, Cotton in Manchester and Onion in Tilton are all within 25 minutes of Concord (Sunny's Tables, obviously, is much closer) and I wouldn't hesitate to bring a date to any of these places.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:12 PM

830 posts, read 1,538,945 times
I've eaten at the Common Man in Concord on Valentine's Day, and it was fine. Perhaps a little quieter than it normally is when full, since it was more couples than groups. We also sat upstairs on the side (my preferred area every time I go there) which may be a bit more quiet than some other areas.

Common Man is always pretty good but I do agree that there are some better but pricier options in Concord. I'll echo the O's and Granite recommendations. I also love Daniel's for good food in a relatively casual atmosphere.

Crystal Quail in Barnstead??? This is in my area and I have never heard of it. I'll have to check it out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire