Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 02:14 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,551,112 times

Advertisements

A storm has the potential to produce several inches of snow in areas of NH, VT, and ME during the day Monday extending into Tuesday.
A winter storm watch has just been issued for NH with a Winter Storm Warning currently in place for VT.
National Weather Service Watch Warning Advisory Summary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2007, 02:18 PM

1,451 posts, read 2,489,070 times
You beat me to the punch I was just gonna post a topic..... I wanted to say everyone BE CAREFUL please..... Hopefully no one will loose heat or power, and no driving you hear!!! Keep ups updated how everyone is doing... And for goodness sake STAY WARM. I just went outside and that wind and cold hurt.... It says its 2 degrees here. I feel bad for my husband he's gotta patrol tonight and tomorrow night but I hope the PD is smart and pull the police off the roads if it gets too bad...

Old 12-01-2007, 05:14 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,175,516 times
Tara - You were colder than we were up here in Littleton! I think we hit a high of about 13, but the windchill made it much colder <g>. We're supposed to get 8-10 inches of snow according to one report. We don't get much ice, thankfully. I never believe the forecasters though, I just wait to see what Mother Nature dumps on us....Stay warm and cozy through the storm...one report I saw said it was supposed to start tomorrow night and all day Monday, one said not much until Monday and yet another said snow tomorrow night into Monday with sun Monday afternoon! I give up......I'll just wait, since there ain't nuttin' I can do about it

Old 12-01-2007, 05:36 PM

264 posts, read 616,623 times
Default It's Coming!

Hello all in my future home state!

We just had a storm come through S. California yesterday and for us it was HUGE! We had nearly 4" of rain in 24 hours, more than all of last year.
Weather sevice shows this storm dumping (SNOW) over Colorado right now and they predict it is going to slam the Northeast later this week.

Wish I could enjoy the snow with you; however, our temps will be back around 80-85 degrees by Wednesday.

Stay Warm!
Captjob

Old 12-01-2007, 07:18 PM

121 posts, read 563,145 times
Snow? Bring it on. You have to embrace winter. Life can be easy with all our modern amenities. Winter is one of the only things that reminds you that mother nature still rules and that you're mortal.

Old 12-01-2007, 10:47 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,956,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captjob View Post
Hello all in my future home state!

We just had a storm come through S. California yesterday and for us it was HUGE! We had nearly 4" of rain in 24 hours, more than all of last year.
Weather sevice shows this storm dumping (SNOW) over Colorado right now and they predict it is going to slam the Northeast later this week.

Wish I could enjoy the snow with you; however, our temps will be back around 80-85 degrees by Wednesday.
Stay Warm!
Captjob
Yeah good old So Cali. My daughter and I went shopping tonight and it was a bit chilly. It was great!! We went into Old Navy and bought some hats, scarves, and gloves. Now hopefully we will be able to use them. I looked around online at 3 am this morning at um, geez my mind just went blank....I cant think of the name of the mountain. It is where LLBean test some of their jackets and the cog railway goes up to it..The temp this morning was -53, holy cow!! And the wind was I think, 130 or so miles per hour. Now that is cold!!

You all be safe and warm in this first snow storm of the season. I really do wish my family and I could be there.

Old 12-01-2007, 10:56 PM

2,392 posts, read 2,540,094 times
Smile Hi Suzet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post
Yeah good old So Cali. My daughter and I went shopping tonight and it was a bit chilly. It was great!! We went into Old Navy and bought some hats, scarves, and gloves. Now hopefully we will be able to use them. I looked around online at 3 am this morning at um, geez my mind just went blank....I cant think of the name of the mountain. It is where LLBean test some of their jackets and the cog railway goes up to it..The temp this morning was -53, holy cow!! And the wind was I think, 130 or so miles per hour. Now that is cold!!

You all be safe and warm in this first snow storm of the season. I really do wish my family and I could be there.
You must be talking about Mt. Washington - if it's in NH. We've never taken the Cog (well my hubby did when he was young), but we went up the Auto Road. It's really awesome at the top...well when it's not winter! There's a outbuilding at the top & it's chained to the ground. Mount Washington Auto Road

It was so nice having rain & it being a little cool...I wish it would stay longer at least through Christmas...ok New Years!

Old 12-01-2007, 11:12 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,943,398 times
Data from Mount Washington (balmy by comparison to last night at this time!)

Right now (1:12 AM)
Summit Temp. -5.7° F
Wind Speed 46.5 mph
Wind Chill -30.7° F

Last night was an unbelievably windy and cold night even here in southern NH. Can't imagine being up there in temps like that!

Here's a great Mt. Washington info page:
MOUNTWASHINGTON.COM: Weather: Extremes (http://www.mountwashington.com/weather/index.html - broken link)
Mount Washington Observatory – Weather

Last edited by Valerie C; 12-01-2007 at 11:30 PM..

Old 12-02-2007, 04:56 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,178,016 times
wow thanks for the heads up. I've been tracking it on accuweather.com, but we all know how accurate weather forcasts can be. They tend to make moehills out of mountains. There is a great article in the weirs times that cracked me up about F.A.T.S.O. An organization for flatlanders having their first winter in NH. The article is cut out and on my fridge LOL Love it!!

The Weirs Times Online!

If you don't receive the free publication in the mail, its free to download. The article is F.O.O.L (A Flatlanders Observations On Life) Just thought it may help through this first storm, some chuckles can always keep you warm. LOL Ok off to find batteries and blankets!!

Old 12-02-2007, 08:10 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,067,241 times
Yeah, yesterday was wicked cold on the Green. (hey, I sound like a New England er--). We were bored in the house, our son was squirreling around so we went for a walk and it was 16 degrees. (felt like 1). Cold, cold, cold.

I will take the cold over too much ice.
We lasted about 20 minutes.
Off inside for hot chocolate and tea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire