Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 04:53 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,726,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
stormynh wrote

there is something to be said for knowing enough to protect ones brain....,but, sometimes sheeple don't. I have never seen a sheep where any sort of helmet...have you?

sheeple think they are protecting their brain by putting some form of government sanctioned piece of gear on their head ..two problems with that, the first being sheeple have no brains to begin with, secondly they mistake a lid as protection, when real protection is collision avoidance not hoping something will get them through a collision,however it is impossible to explain this to sheeple for the first reason.. If you need help understanding that I am sure Miu will guide you, that is when she isn't insulting your mental state.. which I am sure she will ..again.

I have been using helmets when riding horses and seat belts for a long time. I believe you are a religious sheeple so god bless your little sheeple heart
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2015, 10:18 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,198,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
there is something to be said for knowing enough to protect ones brain....,but, sometimes sheeple don't. I have never seen a sheep where any sort of helmet...have you?
Dave... so you have seen sheep riding motorcycles? Or are you saying that you are a sheep?

Quote:
sheeple think they are protecting their brain by putting some form of government sanctioned piece of gear on their head ..two problems with that, the first being sheeple have no brains to begin with, secondly they mistake a lid as protection, when real protection is collision avoidance not hoping something will get them through a collision,however it is impossible to explain this to sheeple for the first reason.. If you need help understanding that I am sure Miu will guide you, that is when she isn't insulting your mental state.. which I am sure she will ..again.
Dave... you regularly insult those who disagree with you by calling them "sheeple". And your usual and predictable insult of sheeple seems to mean being a mindless follower. And isn't that also an observation of a person's mental state?

But anyway, you are being the pot calling the kettle black in this instance.

Old 06-22-2015, 03:04 AM

2,649 posts, read 3,546,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Dave... so you have seen sheep riding motorcycles? Or are you saying that you are a sheep?

Dave... you regularly insult those who disagree with you by calling them "sheeple". And your usual and predictable insult of sheeple seems to mean being a mindless follower. And isn't that also an observation of a person's mental state?

But anyway, you are being the pot calling the kettle black in this instance.
Miu.. yep i do call sheeple what they are..sheeple..if it applies, don't feel insulted..change

Old 06-22-2015, 03:33 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,827,375 times
I ride a motorcycle and I wear a helmet to avoid head damage if I drop the thing. I do not do this because I am a sheep in any way shape or form. I do this, along with wearing leather gloves, boots and jackets because it damn well pleases me to do it.

I do not give an Rats Arse (RA) what you choose to wear when you are riding your motorcycle.

I do care if you let your car drift across the road into my lane because you are paying more attention to the electronic wizard in your lap than where your car is going. I do not care to be killed by the inattention of idiots that need to worship their damn smart phone. Put your phone away and drive the damn car!

Old 06-22-2015, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I ride a motorcycle and I wear a helmet to avoid head damage if I drop the thing. I do not do this because I am a sheep in any way shape or form. I do this, along with wearing leather gloves, boots and jackets because it damn well pleases me to do it.

I do not give an Rats Arse (RA) what you choose to wear when you are riding your motorcycle.

I do care if you let your car drift across the road into my lane because you are paying more attention to the electronic wizard in your lap than where your car is going. I do not care to be killed by the inattention of idiots that need to worship their damn smart phone. Put your phone away and drive the damn car!

You wear a helmet because you made an informed choice and chose what works for you ( as did I in not wearing one) You did not blindly buy into anything based on what an agency told you..I applaud that.

But why buy into what an agency is telling you about cell phones?

Old 06-22-2015, 03:51 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,559,162 times
As someone who's lived in states with this law already in effect, from what I have seen, it does very little (if anything) to discourage this behavior.

All it really is, a new revenue stream for police.

Old 06-22-2015, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
As someone who's lived in states with this law already in effect, from what I have seen, it does very little (if anything) to discourage this behavior.

All it really is, a new revenue stream for police.
yes but some folks feel good about it and feeling good is more important that truth these days

Old 06-22-2015, 04:06 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,827,375 times
CD - I have learned, that, with some distraction, I can answer a cell phone when driving an automobile. I cannot use the menu to initiate a call or punch in a number. I have even more difficulty responding to a text beyond typing a Y for yes and N for no. As you say not using a cell phone to text is my choice. Dodging distracted drivers is my problem.

If I could not carry on a conversation with my navigator I would probably get lost anywhere outside of NH or the road to Boston and Back (carpool driver for five years). Besides I like my navigator even if she gets scared easier then me.

Old 06-22-2015, 04:42 PM

Quote:
CD - I have learned, that, with some distraction, I can answer a cell phone when driving an automobile. I cannot use the menu to initiate a call or punch in a number. I have even more difficulty responding to a text beyond typing a Y for yes and N for no. As you say not using a cell phone to text is my choice. Dodging distracted drivers is my problem.

If I could not carry on a conversation with my navigator I would probably get lost anywhere outside of NH or the road to Boston and Back (carpool driver for five years). Besides I like my navigator even if she gets scared easier then me.

Phone button..on click

Log comes up..wife is first name on log

Click..done

easier than finding a non country station in the Whites

Old 06-22-2015, 06:47 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,726,817 times
Quote:

Amen to that....FWIW I don't think you are a sheeple or a sheep, but, clearly Dave is a Sheeple or sheep or a flock of sheep or a seagull perhaps....LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
View detailed profiles of: