Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 08:40 PM

34 posts, read 43,122 times

Advertisements

God this sucks. Excuse my while I go write some letters in my notebook while driving, since I'm not allowed to use my phone anymore I'll have to use post. It's not illegal to write letters while driving yet, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2015, 08:43 PM

34 posts, read 43,122 times
Time to split my attention 3 ways now (driving, phone, watching out for cops) instead of just 2 (driving, phone). Great I feel safer.

Old 06-18-2015, 01:08 PM

2,649 posts, read 3,548,357 times
So they will ban us from using a hand held and we must use hands free..uh..guess what?

Using a Bluetooth hands-free while driving just as risky as using the handset, study finds

And when will they ban kids in cars? They are worse than cell phones

Distracted Driving: Are Backseat Kids Worse Than Texting?*|*David Petrie

Old 06-18-2015, 01:55 PM

1,200 posts, read 2,219,395 times
It will always be something Dave. Like I've said before the government can't legislate out stupidity, however they will try regardless if it means chipping away at our freedoms. The sheep deserve what they ask for.

Old 06-18-2015, 02:07 PM

19,879 posts, read 9,431,110 times
YAAYYYYY!!!!

One more reason why we have decided to move to New Hampshire!

Old 06-18-2015, 02:55 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,855,481 times
I so rarely use a cell phone while driving this law will not inconvenience me at all.

Old 06-18-2015, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
YAAYYYYY!!!!

One more reason why we have decided to move to New Hampshire!
you decided to move here because of restrictive albeit useless nanny laws? How strange.

Old 06-18-2015, 03:58 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,214,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I so rarely use a cell phone while driving this law will not inconvenience me at all.
^^^ This. I usually have my cell phone off when I drive. There is no crisis important enough that I need to be reached while driving. All calls can wait. Let my friends miss me. And since I'm not a doctor, I can't actually be of help in an emergency. The only time I would consider using my cell phone while driving in my car is if I were stopped in traffic and needed to call work to let them know that I'm going to be late.

The traffic flow on the interstates are too fast for me to want to have a cell phone in my right hand held up to my ear. Then on the nice country roads, I want to be alert for wild animals and people trying to back out of their driveways. I like having my hands at the 10 and 2 o'clock position. Plus I drive stick.

I'm sure that this rule isn't going to be enforced, but I do like that this law makes it official that talking on a cell phone while driving is wrong. Writing in a notebook while driving is also a very stupid thing to do. But the reason that there's not a law against it, is only because almost no one does it... so if all of you freedom fighters want to start writing in notebooks while driving, let's see what happens next in the legislative process.

Old 06-18-2015, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
^^^ This. I usually have my cell phone off when I drive. There is no crisis important enough that I need to be reached while driving. All calls can wait. Let my friends miss me. And since I'm not a doctor, I can't actually be of help in an emergency. The only time I would consider using my cell phone while driving in my car is if I were stopped in traffic and needed to call work to let them know that I'm going to be late.

The traffic flow on the interstates are too fast for me to want to have a cell phone in my right hand held up to my ear. Then on the nice country roads, I want to be alert for wild animals and people trying to back out of their driveways. I like having my hands at the 10 and 2 o'clock position. Plus I drive stick.

I'm sure that this rule isn't going to be enforced, but I do like that this law makes it official that talking on a cell phone while driving is wrong. Writing in a notebook while driving is also a very stupid thing to do. But the reason that there's not a law against it, is only because almost no one does it... so if all of you freedom fighters want to start writing in notebooks while driving, let's see what happens next in the legislative process.

uh actually the law was put into place more to deal with texting than actual talking, texting as we all know is more akin to writing in a note book ( digital or otherwise) Writing or texting Is stupid, talking on a cell phone is only stupid if one is stupid to begin with.. the average person can handle it quite well

Old 06-18-2015, 06:17 PM

Oh and...if you think it is going to be a benefit..make things safer.. think again

Study Finds Hands-Free Laws Not Reducing Crashes | KPBS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
View detailed profiles of: