Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 07:53 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times

Advertisements

The revenue from seat belt and cell phone tickets is enormous
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2015, 08:30 PM

2,649 posts, read 3,544,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snafu View Post
I was surprised to realize this law applied even while at a stop light - not for using the phone for a conversation, but rather for any other use - i.e. glancing to notice a missed call, viewing a navigation app to check your location while stopped at a light, or taking a picture of an interesting item. A cellphone now is not just for communication, and that is what I took the law to impact - people driving (in motion) while dialing, talking, or texting, which can be very distracting.

In the example given in the article, it was, in effect, a camera being used, not a phone for a conversation. IF the officer pulled someone over for taking the picture and discovered the person was using a camera, what would have been the outcome?
So wisely put... the answer is control, dash cams and cameras will be included down the line.. again, except of course for the police who are no more capable or incapable as the average citizen.
Ask yourself what happens when your ability to talk,take a picture etc is completely taken from you under the guise of safety.. but theirs is not?

Old 10-04-2015, 06:23 AM

1,274 posts, read 2,383,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
The revenue from seat belt and cell phone tickets is enormous
No seat belt tickets in NH unless for a minor.

Old 10-04-2015, 09:32 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,898,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
Witty. Or perhaps NH recognizes that it's citizens are smart enough not to need a nanny state to tell them what to do, and that accident avoidance by it's citizens is far better than hoping a strap will save their lives.. seems to have worked pretty well.. we don't wean out dumb people.. we celebrate intelligent ones by allowing them to live their lives free from big brother as much as possible..
Try to remember that people who get themselves injured in car accidents because they "chose" to not wear a seat belt are also costing the county and the state when it comes to clearing the roads afterwards and all the medical care they may need. I think that was one of the main reasons they finally passed a motorcycle helmet law in California, because so many riders were landing on their heads and then having to be in ICU for months and months. And who can afford that? So the state picks up the tab. Them's your tax dollars, buddy. You don't like Big Brother, but you don't seem to mind when your taxes are being spent on careless people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dross99_si View Post
It's called the Darwin awards.
If someone dies in a MVA cause they didn't want to wear their seatbelt that's just too bad, they made their bed.
Are you offended by the lack of a seatbelt law in NH or jealous that you don't have the choice to wear one if you don't feel like it? Either way you seem defensive and very disturbed by it. Relax buddy. Life is good
Um, is that like the Darwin awards where you get injured or killed because someone else chose not to drive safely?

I don't know, maybe they should just do away with ALL traffic laws then. Isn't it just as oppressive being told to drive on the right hand side only? Maybe I feel like driving on the other side of the road once in a while. Just sayin'.

And I'm not defensive about anything. I spent decades driving and not wearing my seat belts before they were required, and then I spent another bunch of years not wearing a shoulder strap because one didn't come with my vehicle. I wasn't happy when they made them requirements because we didn't know any better them. But we know better now.

I'm fine if people want to make a choice in anything they do. But with choices come consequences. Not wearing a seat belt can cause you injury. That's fine, your choice. But what about someone else in the car with you? What if you get broadsided and your child goes flying out the windshield? How would you feel then? How would you feel if you caused an accident where someone else's child died who hadn't been strapped in? Sure, you can say it's their fault for not making their kid buckle up, but how will you seriously deal with that? It's kind of hard to say Darwin Award when your kid or someone else's kid is the one that is winnowed out.

Old 10-04-2015, 10:25 PM

540 posts, read 589,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Try to remember that people who get themselves injured in car accidents because they "chose" to not wear a seat belt are also costing the county and the state when it comes to clearing the roads afterwards and all the medical care they may need. I think that was one of the main reasons they finally passed a motorcycle helmet law in California, because so many riders were landing on their heads and then having to be in ICU for months and months. And who can afford that? So the state picks up the tab. Them's your tax dollars, buddy. You don't like Big Brother, but you don't seem to mind when your taxes are being spent on careless people.

Um, is that like the Darwin awards where you get injured or killed because someone else chose not to drive safely?

I don't know, maybe they should just do away with ALL traffic laws then. Isn't it just as oppressive being told to drive on the right hand side only? Maybe I feel like driving on the other side of the road once in a while. Just sayin'.

And I'm not defensive about anything. I spent decades driving and not wearing my seat belts before they were required, and then I spent another bunch of years not wearing a shoulder strap because one didn't come with my vehicle. I wasn't happy when they made them requirements because we didn't know any better them. But we know better now.

I'm fine if people want to make a choice in anything they do. But with choices come consequences. Not wearing a seat belt can cause you injury. That's fine, your choice. But what about someone else in the car with you? What if you get broadsided and your child goes flying out the windshield? How would you feel then? How would you feel if you caused an accident where someone else's child died who hadn't been strapped in? Sure, you can say it's their fault for not making their kid buckle up, but how will you seriously deal with that? It's kind of hard to say Darwin Award when your kid or someone else's kid is the one that is winnowed out.
Darwin awards is where people get killed by doing something ridiculously stupid.
Whether you wear your seatbelt or not has nothing to do with driving safely. Everyone has different driving habits, belt or not. You technically COULD drive on the other side of the road if you want, but that would DIRECTLY ENDANGER other drivers that were coming at you head on. If you don't restrain your child, your bad. I never said I don't wear my belt or wouldn't make my child wear one or think that they are pointless or anything along those lines. I like them and always wear one. I also like not being FORCED to wear them as it DOESN'T DIRECTLY ENDANGER ANYONE ELSE BUT ME. PERIOD.

Old 10-05-2015, 02:57 AM

2,649 posts, read 3,544,715 times
Quote:

Tax burden myth.. first perpetuated by Joan Claybrook, shown to be a lie yet the real tax burdens are there.. we just can't discuss them.. might be considered un PC

Old 10-05-2015, 04:01 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,722,027 times
Many Democrats & Republicans get money from special interest groups to go against the majority, they think that's OK. If you want politicians that care & don't accept bribes, The Libertarian Party is for the 100% equally. Party positions are what the majority wants, all to be done in a way that doesn't harm the rest. The Libertarians want to have all of our Constitutional rights returned & re-legalize cannabis, like 96% in internet polls want. It can help us live longer, healthier & happier lives, police officers included!

Quote:
What can be done to change this? Why do people vote on things that make NH more and more like other states. Can't people somehow try to get ridiculous laws reversed to make NH more free again?
I'm not big into politics so I'm not exactly sure how this stuff works.
If the majority of people don't like a law, how does it actually become a law and what is the process to repeal it?

Old 10-05-2015, 04:39 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,729,877 times
As the thread continues, for the millionth time, THIS IS NOT THE POLITICS FORUM. Fight over politics there.
Yac.

Old 10-05-2015, 05:45 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,722,027 times
The CIA deals drugs & murders, too. The leader is approved by Congress & weekly kill list approved by President. Do you like killing being legal for govt employees for any reason? Wanna arrest them?

Cannabis in oil forms can cure cancers & other fatal illnesses, so police & prosecutors just think we'll be out of a job, we won't be able to do grand theft armed robbery where we call the victim a crook, because they had a few plants to treat their medical condition, so let's kill the sick & harmless, or give them up to life in prison for hurting nobody? The police seem to favor street dealers over dispensaries that can be regulated, why? Fees & taxes could go to pay for police salaries & equipment. 2 cops died of skin cancer at 37 & 40. Cannabis oil can cure it in several days. Rick Simpson proved it, in Canada.

Rick Simpson saved the lives of 5,000 people who had various types of cancer & other fatal illnesses, for free, using cannabis oil & using up his $1.3 million life savings. US govt found out & wanted Rick to die in prison for drug dealing. What drug dealer gives away life savings? What if the 5,000 saved had all been police? Would you have still wanted the sick man to die in prison?

A woman police officer is retired not by choice due to Multiple Sclerosis accompanied by intense facial pain, who uses up to an ounce of cannabis a day to treat the pain. Want her to get a life sentence as a worthless drug addict? One of your own? A police officer who was on the scene of about 2,000 crashes said not 1 was ruled to be caused by cannabis. Want to call him a liar, 1 of your own? A Federal Study released in Feb said cannabis does not cause fatal crashes. Wanna call them liars? CO govt says fatal crashes are near an all time low, more liars if Kevin Sabet says so?

My state police & prosecutors want me to die because I need cannabis to live. They set up a largely fake program where they won't tell the few medics participating, that even if patients somehow find one the prices are triple retail because of being hard to find the providers & because of only 8 conditions allowed of the 250 proven to help. Should I let them kill me staying here in the metro area, or should I go to a more reasonable state to save my life with cannabis oil, maybe never seeing my friends & family? Should I be forced to make such a decision, our should I get into a protest & cops kill?

Remember, 96% on internet polls want cannabis re-legalized so are the 96% considered scum by you?

Quote:
So I take it you don't like drug stings or underage predator stings either.

I just don't like to see (or hear) car accidents. Ever asked a cop what the worst car accident he ever responded to was? That'll change your behavior when driving. The worst one I heard about was the girl who wasn't wearing her seat belts. She went off a curve and was halfway up out of the sunroof (which was open) when the car rolled. A couple times.

Yeah, I wear my seat belts and I have no problem with cops giving people tickets for not wearing them, even if they have to do a sting to give those tickets.

Let's see someone behind the wheel on a cell phone hit you and see how loud you yell about it.

Old 10-05-2015, 08:21 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,898,284 times
Quote:
Whether you wear your seatbelt or not has nothing to do with driving safely.
My point exactly. So if you don't enforce seat belt laws for other people riding in your car, in other words, not giving them a choice about it, where does it leave you when someone else drives like an idiot and hits your car, and your passengers are killed or injured?

Having to secure loads, making sure dogs are tied in the back of pickups...I see a lot of people flaunt these laws too, calling them silly, but when a board goes flying off the back into someone else's windshield....you know, half these laws wouldn't even be needed if people would just use some common sense. But we know they don't. That's why someone always has to get hurt or killed first before a law is enacted in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
Tax burden myth.. first perpetuated by Joan Claybrook, shown to be a lie yet the real tax burdens are there.. we just can't discuss them.. might be considered un PC
Good. The you shouldn't have any problem with people on welfare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
The CIA deals drugs & murders, too. The leader is approved by Congress & weekly kill list approved by President. Do you like killing being legal for govt employees for any reason? Wanna arrest them?

Cannabis in oil forms can cure cancers & other fatal illnesses, so police & prosecutors just think we'll be out of a job, we won't be able to do grand theft armed robbery where we call the victim a crook, because they had a few plants to treat their medical condition, so let's kill the sick & harmless, or give them up to life in prison for hurting nobody? The police seem to favor street dealers over dispensaries that can be regulated, why? Fees & taxes could go to pay for police salaries & equipment. 2 cops died of skin cancer at 37 & 40. Cannabis oil can cure it in several days. Rick Simpson proved it, in Canada.

Rick Simpson saved the lives of 5,000 people who had various types of cancer & other fatal illnesses, for free, using cannabis oil & using up his $1.3 million life savings. US govt found out & wanted Rick to die in prison for drug dealing. What drug dealer gives away life savings? What if the 5,000 saved had all been police? Would you have still wanted the sick man to die in prison?

A woman police officer is retired not by choice due to Multiple Sclerosis accompanied by intense facial pain, who uses up to an ounce of cannabis a day to treat the pain. Want her to get a life sentence as a worthless drug addict? One of your own? A police officer who was on the scene of about 2,000 crashes said not 1 was ruled to be caused by cannabis. Want to call him a liar, 1 of your own? A Federal Study released in Feb said cannabis does not cause fatal crashes. Wanna call them liars? CO govt says fatal crashes are near an all time low, more liars if Kevin Sabet says so?

My state police & prosecutors want me to die because I need cannabis to live. They set up a largely fake program where they won't tell the few medics participating, that even if patients somehow find one the prices are triple retail because of being hard to find the providers & because of only 8 conditions allowed of the 250 proven to help. Should I let them kill me staying here in the metro area, or should I go to a more reasonable state to save my life with cannabis oil, maybe never seeing my friends & family? Should I be forced to make such a decision, our should I get into a protest & cops kill?

Remember, 96% on internet polls want cannabis re-legalized so are the 96% considered scum by you?
Good heavens, take a chill pill. I wasn't referring to legal medical marijuana. I do hope you know there's a big difference between weed and heroin, or crack, or meth, or any of the other addictive drugs the Mexican cartels send over here so they can line their pockets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire