Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 04:25 PM

385 posts, read 345,587 times

Advertisements

So I happened to decide yesterday to choose airports as my topic of research. I am not anticipating needing international travel, mostly domestic to/from Syracuse, Ft. Lauderdale or West Palm Beach, and whatever location my daughter ends up choosing for college. I was amazed to see that Portsmouth at Pease has a budget airline that has direct flights to my two currently-known future destination points. Has anybody here had any experience with that airline/airport? I found some online articles that were less than reassuring. (I am not mentioning the name of the airline on purpose as I'm not sure if that is allowed here or not.) Are there any other airlines that fly into/out of there?

As I am strongly leaning towards the northern Lakes Region, it seems that would be a relatively easy 45 minute-ish jaunt down Rt 16 (and the closest airport)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2015, 05:11 PM

4,566 posts, read 10,655,631 times
Flights from pease are erratic and the airline shuts down for 2 months every year. They add locations, delete them, etc. The only thing they seem to keep is orlando.

Old 11-09-2015, 05:20 PM

146 posts, read 293,763 times
My friend flew from Pease to Ft Lauderdale last week. She was very happy with the airline and thought the plane seemed clean and well maintained. Bear in mind that they only have two flights per week to that destination. I'm not sure if they even go year-round. If I were to use that airline, I wouldn't buy my tickets very far in advance as they could change schedule at any time.

Old 11-09-2015, 06:21 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,946,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb2017 View Post
As I am strongly leaning towards the northern Lakes Region, it seems that would be a relatively easy 45 minute-ish jaunt down Rt 16 (and the closest airport)?
As long as you realize that Route 16 is a 2-lane non-divided highway once you get north of Rochester. It also becomes increasingly more curvy and hilly as you travel north. It's still my favorite way to get to the mountains tho. Nothing quite as beautiful as the view of Mount Chocoroa as you round the bend just before Chocora Lake

Old 11-09-2015, 06:53 PM

Curvy and hilly won't bother me (breath of fresh air after every road being straight and grid-patterned here), although in the winter it probably will at first. But definitely good to know.

Erratic and therefore hit or miss airline/airport. Also very important to know. For domestic, I guess Manchester would still be better than a haul down to Boston.

Thank you so much, all of you.

And I was thinking Lebanon if I end up choosing Sandwich area?

Old 11-09-2015, 07:03 PM

84 posts, read 99,943 times
My father-in-law flies regularity in and out of Pease to a Florida and is very happy with the service.

Old 11-09-2015, 07:56 PM

9,317 posts, read 21,002,846 times
MHT will Serve most of your domestic needs, If you want Non/Stops to Long Distance places you will need to go to BOS.

But MHT has good connections at all the hubs, Also its a easy/fast in and out.

Old 11-10-2015, 10:59 AM

3,688 posts, read 7,428,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb2017 View Post
And I was thinking Lebanon if I end up choosing Sandwich area?

No, Manchester would be the preferred commercial airport for the Lakes Region.

Old 11-10-2015, 11:09 AM

323 posts, read 346,343 times
MHT is a GREAT airport. I flew out of Logan and MHT and MHT was always my preference. Easy in/out as another poster mentioned, but it's also new and clean which is a huge bonus. If you plan to live in the Lakes Region, definitely use MHT.

Old 11-10-2015, 11:33 AM

Well this is all great news! I had been worrying I'd be stuck needing to go to Boston for most commercial flights. Glad I thought to look into this and ask. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire