Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 01:49 PM
KCZ

4,676 posts, read 3,669,799 times

Advertisements

In addition to those points, the local newspaper that reported this story is only a cut above The National Enquirer. They do no investigative reporting, and usually settle on interviewing the subject's grandmother (sound familiar?), while tending towards liberal hysteria.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2017, 08:24 AM

1,652 posts, read 2,550,211 times
When this story first broke and I saw that there was no adults present, I knew it would come down to a bunch of kids trading "he says-she says" and that pretty much makes the whole thing un-prosecutable.

We can't blame that on the Claremont Police Department, that's just the way the law works.

This will eventually just become an unfortunate incident with no legal teeth, whether that's good or bad really depends on what side you decide to believe. I hope we can all agree that it's a shame this happened regardless of whether there was racial motivations or not.

It's certainly casts a negative light on Claremont, a town already struggling with plenty of negative incidences and perceptions.

Old 10-05-2017, 02:42 PM
KCZ

4,676 posts, read 3,669,799 times
And now one week after the family of the accused gave a public interview to Newsweek, the family of the alleged victim appear on The Real. The he said-she said games are underway in earnest. I'm willing to bet that the alleged victim's family will follow with a lawsuit, and the alleged perp's family will follow with a lawsuit against the police dept over the assaults against them.

Old 10-06-2017, 06:50 AM

1,652 posts, read 2,550,211 times
I wouldn't be too hard on either side for taking interviews and such, this is a poor community and it's going to be hard to turn away money.

I suspect that the best we can hope for is that this community, and others, will take a harder look at bullying and do more to head it off earlier. That seems to be what I'm seeing out of Claremont right now anyway.

Old 10-06-2017, 11:06 AM

12,443 posts, read 9,540,640 times
I am older - 58, but I played outside alone in the neighborhood from when I was about 5yo. I cannot fathom the idea of bigger boys there trying to hang me, nor would I think that would have been my fault or my parents fault if they did. Crime is the fault of the perpetrator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
View detailed profiles of: