Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2020, 12:18 PM

1,093 posts, read 1,059,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambiehearts View Post
How is a store telling you to wear a mask inside not also property rights? It is not required in most of New Hampshire and yet stores still require it.

It is. Their roof, their rules. If the store requires you to wear it then you wear it or seek your groceries elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2020, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega145 View Post
Won't even bother reading the previous pages of this thread as it looks like any Covid discussion that turns into "MAH RIGHTS!" or "I can't breath with a mask on!" while moving away from the topic at hand.
What topic? Petty tyrants in town government making useless laws when there is no state/federal law?

I'm as anti mask as anyone9because they are stupid and now that folks are wearing them, they will never stop), but am also of the opinion that most of the "I can't wear a mask types" are faking it or exaggerating stuff. I know a few folks with burned out lungs from IED blasts that have no problem putting a tin piece of cloth in front of their faces.

I followed one of the medical exemption types into Market Basket in Tilton today--his exemption was he was a fat slob. About 300+ pounds, wearing sweatpants without underwear and his ass hanging out, and a dirty t-shirt. A real poster child for the cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega145 View Post
The Covid situation kind of put the nail in the coffin for me when it comes to movie theaters. I grew up going to the movie theaters but it's so overpriced that its just not worth it at this point for a family of 3 to spend so much to watch a movie for 2 hours. I'd rather wait to watch it at home in my nice large living room with a big screen TV and surround sound. Sure, there are movies that benefit from the movie theater experience but the combination of overpriced tickets and obnoxious loud people/inconsiderate people make it not worth it any more for me.

I can't sit still long enough to enjoy a movie theater. I can't even remember the last time I watched a movie in one. I can watch it at home, grab a beer or two, do some other stuff during the boring parts, and I don't have to deal with the unwashed masses.

Last edited by abnfdc; 10-14-2020 at 01:07 PM..

Old 10-14-2020, 05:04 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,553,863 times
I was thinking manchester new hampshire might be more free in going to a movie versus nashua or salem. I do not live there so don't know what towns would really be most likely to allow patrons in without a mask. It could be I would need to go more north. The thought now makes it not worth it trying to find a place .

Old 10-14-2020, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
I was thinking manchester new hampshire might be more free in going to a movie versus nashua or salem. I do not live there so don't know what towns would really be most likely to allow patrons in without a mask. It could be I would need to go more north. The thought now makes it not worth it trying to find a place .

Just a SWAG--You're going to get the same answer in all of New England. Wear a mask to enter-lights go down, do your own thing.

Old 10-14-2020, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abnfdc View Post
Just a SWAG--You're going to get the same answer in all of New England. Wear a mask to enter-lights go down, do your own thing.
Ya I assume that goes on a lot too which is good.

Old 10-15-2020, 08:29 AM

121 posts, read 109,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abnfdc View Post
What topic? Petty tyrants in town government making useless laws when there is no state/federal law?

I'm as anti mask as anyone9because they are stupid and now that folks are wearing them, they will never stop), but am also of the opinion that most of the "I can't wear a mask types" are faking it or exaggerating stuff. I know a few folks with burned out lungs from IED blasts that have no problem putting a tin piece of cloth in front of their faces.

I followed one of the medical exemption types into Market Basket in Tilton today--his exemption was he was a fat slob. About 300+ pounds, wearing sweatpants without underwear and his ass hanging out, and a dirty t-shirt. A real poster child for the cause.

I can't sit still long enough to enjoy a movie theater. I can't even remember the last time I watched a movie in one. I can watch it at home, grab a beer or two, do some other stuff during the boring parts, and I don't have to deal with the unwashed masses.
The science is up for debate on mask wearing and honestly I hated the initial "wear a mask all the time" even being as liberal as you'd think. But I am considerate about other peoples feelings about it and now wear a mask whenever I'm around someone else. I'm physically fit with no health complications but I know that there are plenty of people who are concerned and do have physical ailments. Its called having empathy and caring about others that may not share your same lack of concern. You should try it sometime. Why do you even care if people never stop wearing masks? Let people wear actual diapers on their head if they see fit. Who cares?

I also enjoy being able to pause a movie and use the bathroom or get some food/snacks. I do see the logic of sitting in a movie theater as sometimes you can get a better movie watching experience by being in the moment and not being able to pause while your focus should be entirely on the movie. Still, I won't be going anytime soon.

Old 10-17-2020, 08:00 AM

199 posts, read 181,416 times
Quote:
The Covid situation kind of put the nail in the coffin for me when it comes to movie theaters. I grew up going to the movie theaters but it's so overpriced that its just not worth it at this point for a family of 3 to spend so much to watch a movie for 2 hours. I'd rather wait to watch it at home in my nice large living room with a big screen TV and surround sound. Sure, there are movies that benefit from the movie theater experience but the combination of overpriced tickets and obnoxious loud people/inconsiderate people make it not worth it any more for me.
I agree that the vast majority of movie theaters are not a pleasant experience and are overpriced. However, there are a few exceptions. Theaters with dual 4k laser projectors on true Imax screens, such as Jordan's Imax in Reading, MA, provide an experience that is worth the price and vastly superior to that of the typical movie theater. This is especially true if the director and producer films most of the movie with Imax cameras. Theaters with Dolby Cinema are good too, as these also use dual 4k laser projectors.

Old 10-19-2020, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi.Dunn View Post
I agree that the vast majority of movie theaters are not a pleasant experience and are overpriced. However, there are a few exceptions. Theaters with dual 4k laser projectors on true Imax screens, such as Jordan's Imax in Reading, MA, provide an experience that is worth the price and vastly superior to that of the typical movie theater. This is especially true if the director and producer films most of the movie with Imax cameras. Theaters with Dolby Cinema are good too, as these also use dual 4k laser projectors.
Ya I have seen a couple of batman movies there and the experience is much better than a regular theater. I believe all Imax theaters are closed now.
I wanted to see return of the jedi in new Hampshire figuring I might get away with not wearing a mask there. In Massachusetts they probably have people who are watching the movie snitching others out for not wearing a mask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire