Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 05:42 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,177,964 times

Advertisements

Lisa - I'm sure Wanna understands - if not this time around, I'm sure there will be other times!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 04:45 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,037,076 times
No worries, Lisa! It was around 6:30, I tried to leave you a message - but that's ok. It's Monday evening now, and I was going to call you and suggest maybe dinner tonight - but my dad's blood sugar is kinda high and my mom doesn't want him eating out (he's diabetic and had macaroni salad for lunch).

Let's see... apparently there are plans afoot for a surprise 80th birthday party for my mum in Oct, so I'll be up in the middle of that month (not sure exactly what plans are. And of course there's always a possibility of a surprise trip to look at 'storage' places (my sisters and my mum thought DH had a "brilliant" idea ).

But, surprise! I did actually meet someone for a couple seconds on the plane!! just as we were lining up to get off the plane in Manchester, who should turn out to be on my flight (a couple rows back), but NotDancingQueen and her kids!! gee, If I'd have known, I'd have said hello in the airport. Hope your trip was good NDQ.

so maybe another time, and maybe more people will be available. Just wasn't written inthe stars for this time.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:36 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,452,661 times
Thanks, Wanna! It was disappointing to me to be stuck Sat. night but oh, well. Like you said, hopefully in Oct.
What an amazing suprise meeting NDQ!! Small world, eh?
I hope you are having/had a fun time in NH

Old 07-01-2008, 08:15 PM

I had a marvelous time! The Cape was just lovely - I'd forgotten a lot about Brewster Park, but it was such a neat area. It was amazing catching up with my cousins - they are just as I remember them (the oldest girl looks a lot like Dawn Wells/Maryann of Gilligan's Island these days!). And it was a lot of fun traveling with my two sisters and our folks.

Looks like I'll be back briefly in October: around the 11-12! Seems my sisters want to give our mom a surprise 80th birthday party - a week early (boy she WILL be surprised). Not sure how much extra time I can add in -each day added means money lost at work (and clients annoyed when they lose their appts ).

Old 07-01-2008, 10:05 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,949,596 times
Sorry to hear that there was no meet-up after all... my Saturday was supposed to be spent at a graduation party, but I ended up at a nearly all-day home inspection and didn't make it to the party till after 5 PM. How cool is it that you were able to meet NDQ!! How in the world did that happen? It's sort of funny, I guess any of us could meet up with each other at any time and never even know it!!!

Old 07-02-2008, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaComeHome View Post
No worries, Lisa! It was around 6:30, I tried to leave you a message - but that's ok. It's Monday evening now, and I was going to call you and suggest maybe dinner tonight - but my dad's blood sugar is kinda high and my mom doesn't want him eating out (he's diabetic and had macaroni salad for lunch).

Let's see... apparently there are plans afoot for a surprise 80th birthday party for my mum in Oct, so I'll be up in the middle of that month (not sure exactly what plans are. And of course there's always a possibility of a surprise trip to look at 'storage' places (my sisters and my mum thought DH had a "brilliant" idea ).

But, surprise! I did actually meet someone for a couple seconds on the plane!! just as we were lining up to get off the plane in Manchester, who should turn out to be on my flight (a couple rows back), but NotDancingQueen and her kids!! gee, If I'd have known, I'd have said hello in the airport. Hope your trip was good NDQ.

so maybe another time, and maybe more people will be available. Just wasn't written inthe stars for this time.
Okay - How did you know who NDQ was????

Old 07-02-2008, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaComeHome View Post
I had a marvelous time! The Cape was just lovely - I'd forgotten a lot about Brewster Park, but it was such a neat area. It was amazing catching up with my cousins - they are just as I remember them (the oldest girl looks a lot like Dawn Wells/Maryann of Gilligan's Island these days!). And it was a lot of fun traveling with my two sisters and our folks.

Looks like I'll be back briefly in October: around the 11-12! Seems my sisters want to give our mom a surprise 80th birthday party - a week early (boy she WILL be surprised). Not sure how much extra time I can add in -each day added means money lost at work (and clients annoyed when they lose their appts ).
Wanna - It sounds like you did indeed have a great time! Give your clients waaaaay advanced notice, have them schedule extra appointments ahead of time, you make extra $$ to carry you thru the trip and you can stay longer in October!

Old 07-02-2008, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
It's sort of funny, I guess any of us could meet up with each other at any time and never even know it!!!
Val - When we went to the Taste of the North Country up here, I remembered Greg W saying he had relatives who had a bakery or cafe up here. I started going to the various booths and asking if the people there were the owners and if they were, I asked them if they had a relative named Greg.....I got a bunch of weird looks, then a smile, and a "No, sorry" I gave up after the 4th booth - I figured I was probably being pegged as the crazy lady looking for relatives of a Greg by then

Colebrook and his wife were at the Crafts Fair around the same time we were, but I don't know if we were there at the exact same time.

I think we should devise a C-D ID button or something to wear when we're out and about with our screen names on them - then we could have a 'secret handshake' or something if we run into each other somewhere along the line!

Old 07-02-2008, 07:29 AM

3,533 posts, read 12,306,149 times
Talking Where's the party?

THIS IS THE PARTY THREAD ,RIGHT ? WHERE GONNA PARTY LIKES IT'S 1999 HA HA HA HA. OOPS. HMM, THAT WAS A LONG TIME AGO HUH? I JUST COULDN'T HELP MYSELF.....LMAO ROTF

Old 07-02-2008, 07:29 AM

How did I know it was NDQ? We were lining up to deplane, and she had overheard me talking with my seatmate about DH's 'grand idea' for storage... she asked if I posted on online forums, like City-Data and introduced herself! She had been across the aisle a couple rows back.

I tried to do a quick look for her at the baggage area, but my mum was with me and we needed to get back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire