Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 11:36 AM

1,775 posts, read 8,099,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
Gee, Danielle, when you get up here, we'll have to use Lancaster as a central point to meet all the northern NH bunch!
That's a great idea. I follow the TN forum a bit because i have property out there and i know the TN forum people get together at some central location twice a year. I don't feel as welcomed with them because i'm a Floridian right now and right now they feel us Floridians are taking over the state. So such is life....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 10:25 AM

161 posts, read 339,682 times
Default Renting and Buying in Lakes Region

Hello I've been reading replies and threads. First of all if I make mistake here I would like to announce I am not perfect. Also I provided general information as a help and guide. I think NH is very reasonable coming form MA a century ago since I have more experience with North of Concord I will try and keep comments to that..Holderness, NH it is 45 mintues from Concord, NH about 45 minutes to Littleton..From my research Holderness has low taxes currently $12.20 per 1000 and home prices are manageable where rmy reviews of other low tax towns I think the home prices are really high. the town offers a $500 tax credit off your taxes if you are a veteran (designated by certain wars ) also as a resident you have access to a private beach that is monitored for residents only, it is on Big Squam it is gorgeous and is never crowded. Holderness Central School pre-school through 8 offers top notch education and many of the graduates are admitted to private schools on scholarships. Allof the towns around Holderness also referred to as Pemi-Baker Area are lovely and all offer lots and lots of outdoor activites mentioned by others in this thread. I concur with others that other fees are really no big deal. The only hidden tax if you want to call it that is when you buy or sell a house the state imposes a fee of .75 on a per $100 to both buyer and seller. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me ...

Old 06-17-2008, 01:14 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,247,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellefort View Post
That's a great idea. I follow the TN forum a bit because i have property out there and i know the TN forum people get together at some central location twice a year. I don't feel as welcomed with them because i'm a Floridian right now and right now they feel us Floridians are taking over the state. So such is life....
I know what ya mean about people in Tenn.not liking people from florida. We went riding up there last year and got a real cold reception once they knew we were from florida.I guess you cant blame them.Floridians have already ruined western N.C.and are starting to nibble on Tenn. now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire