Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 08:06 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times

Advertisements

lisa g - good as any & better than most.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 08:50 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,452,661 times
Thank you, Greg.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:25 AM

3,034 posts, read 9,139,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa g View Post
Considering coastal S. ME for a beach trip - what is the Kittery Point area like? If one is staying beachside, is there enough nearby to keep a family relaxed yet entertained? It seems that way. Are there any negatives to the area to be aware of?
Kittery Pt. beaches have the same problem as the Plum Island beaches. There are nasty green-head flies that BITE. Adults may be able to take the pain and the welts that result, but children will be begging to leave within an hour.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:49 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,452,661 times
I have heard this -is there any coastal area free of these nasties?
My favorite NH beach is Jenness, but I went off season and there were no flies.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:06 AM

758 posts, read 2,889,700 times
I don't notice greenheads in any of the NH beaches. Ususally there is enough wind and the marshes in the area have traps that mostly keep them at bay. They can get pretty bad at PI though.

Old 03-20-2009, 12:44 PM

909 posts, read 3,364,186 times
Glad to know about the flies. We moved here just after black fly season ended, and I'm not looking forward to the kids getting welts this summer

Old 03-20-2009, 12:47 PM

909 posts, read 3,364,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa g View Post
congrats!
Thanks Lisa! We're excited, but still looking forward to getting out of the house, esp. on weekends! Last summer we were too busy moving in and getting settled, but this year we wanna go exploring!

Old 03-20-2009, 10:22 PM

15 posts, read 42,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveusaf View Post
I believe it's all the Mass people from places like Lynn, Saugus, Salisbury, and Revere that are causing the trouble. Probably not fair to point out those towns, but you know what I mean. Just the vibe I got from growing up right between the two beaches....
The majority of the unfavorable people who go to Hampton and Salisbury Beaches are from the Haverhill/Lawrence/Methuen/Lowell area. I have lived in Salisbury all of my life and when I rarely go to Hampton Beach, I never see anyone I know. Most of the people around here try to avoid the beaches especially during the summer. I am much more likely to see people I know in Newburyport than I am in Salisbury or Hampton Beach. Comparing Salisbury to places like Saugus, Revere and Lynn is like comparing Concord, NH to Los Angeles, San Francisco, and New York.

Old 03-21-2009, 08:45 AM

53 posts, read 123,391 times
When I lived in the area (back in the 80's, early 90's ), I took my young boys to Kingston Park ( a lake ), Salisbury State Park ( digging in the purple sand was fun ), North Hampton, & York ( good snow cones & salt-water taffy for young 'uns ). In the off-season, kite flying was especially fun. Don't know how some of these areas are now.

Old 03-21-2009, 09:27 AM

53 posts, read 123,391 times
I was racking my brains about the boardwalk part of your query, as I vaguely remembered a nature hike on a boardwalk. It is at Seabrook Station ( the nuke plant ). They have a Science & Nature Center with the Owasoag Nature Trail. It has a mile long boardwalk that goes thru marshes & dunes, if I remember correctly. Don't know if it's still there, as I haven't been there in over 15 years. After the hike , you can go to Browns for lunch .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire